Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tokico Spring Orentation. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicVoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Tokico Spring Orentation. Help!

Im installing a set of Tokico DSpecs matched with a set of Tokico 5907F-P lowering springs.

My questions is, how do you know which way to install the spring? The most obvious thing i can think of it is the words printed on the spring facing up not downward. Is the correct?

Also, I didn't have to use a spring compressor to get the bolt at the top of the shock tightened all the way down. But I can push down on the spring enough to create pace between the strut plate and the strut mount?

Is this supposed to be right because the lowering spring is smaller in size than the factor spring? Or should it be really tight that I cant budge it?

Thanks for the replies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_spring.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	86878
Old 07-17-2014
Registered!!

bravo79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tokico Spring Orentation. Help!

Where did you get those springs from? There is how to index your strut post in here somewhere search for it it should show you how to. If these are lowering springs you dont need a spring compressor when installing them you might need it when removing the stock springs.
Old 07-17-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CivicVoz
Im installing a set of Tokico DSpecs matched with a set of Tokico 5907F-P lowering springs.

My questions is, how do you know which way to install the spring? The most obvious thing i can think of it is the words printed on the spring facing up not downward. Is the correct?
Some springs it does't matter but it should tell you in the instal instructions.

Also, I didn't have to use a spring compressor to get the bolt at the top of the shock tightened all the way down. But I can push down on the spring enough to create pace between the strut plate and the strut mount?
Thats normal. Your new springs are shorter so they don't require as much compression to get them low enough to put the nut on.

Is this supposed to be right because the lowering spring is smaller in size than the factor spring? Or should it be really tight that I cant budge it?
The spring is narrower? This depends on the spring but yes they can be narrower.

It will tighten up when the car is lowered. They can not be as tight when the suspension is completely in the air.

Make sure they are indexed properly though. Look for the thread that was mentioned above.
Old 04-16-2015
Registered!!

CivicVoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgot to thank you guys for the tips last summer! The install went well and I'm about to make a post about the experience.
Old 04-16-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Oh, wow, glad to hear it worked well for you

Thanks for coming back to feed back