Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Need some suspension help...

Old 07-09-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-Russ is an unknown quantity at this point
Need some suspension help...

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and need a little assistance. I recently purchased a used 2004 Honda Civic EX coupe. I love the car, but whoever had it before me had some work done to it. The first thing I noticed was that it's been lowered slightly. I didn't think that it would be that rough of a ride, but I was wrong. It can get quite annoying after awhile, feeling just about every bump in the road. I also noticed that after a few days of driving it, when I would make left turns, the front right wheel area squeaks. It's almost like a metal on metal grinding sound.

So here are my two questions:
1. What should I do about my suspension? I wouldn't mind it being slightly lowered, but I'm looking for an overall nice, smooth ride. Not something that's going to give me a headache every time I ride it.

2. Why does my front right wheel make noise whenever I turn left? It's not a pretty sound and I know people outside my car can hear it.

I'm hoping that you guys can give me some helpful advice. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Need some suspension help...

welcome to the forums C-Russ

question 1: there are a lot of factors that could come into this. for us to help you, we need you to identify your current suspension setup as best as you can. jack up the car and look at your springs and strut. what color are they? do you see a brand name on them?

a stiff ride could be the result of many variables like "lowering springs with stock struts" or even a stiff set of coilovers.

there is of course a fix: redo your suspension with springs/struts that are softer.

for example you can use Eibach's Prokit lower springs with a good (smooth) strut like the Tokico blues.

check this thread out: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...-giveaway.html

Question 2: there could be a lot of variables that cause this as well. is it a screech noise or a squeek noise? here are the most likly reasons:

reason1: you brake pads are almost out. when they are almost out, there is a little metal bar that will come in contact with your rotor making a very annoying screeching sound to indicate to you that you need to replace your pad.

reason2: it could be your alternator belt slipping.

reason3: it could be your rotor dust shield. sometimes that gets bent and it will rub your rotor.
Old 07-10-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Need some suspension help...

if belts, more likely power steering sending power to steering causing belt slip.