Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

coilover top spring seats...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miyagi is an unknown quantity at this point
coilover top spring seats...

Does anyone know if you can replace the top spring seat with something else that will work? My buddy bought some ground control coilovers used off someone but they didnt come with the front top spring seats. GC wants $45 each. (These are the aluminum seats that sit on top of the spring and lay under the top mount). Ive seen other kits not come with these aluminum seats but instead thick polyeurathane seats.. does anyone know if those will work fine? Or if he can use something else to replace that spring seat?
Old 12-12-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: coilover top spring seats...

I'm pretty sure that only GCs spring seats will fit. In any case you'd be better off with the aluminum ones because a poly seat will wear out quickly if your lowered.
Old 12-12-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: coilover top spring seats...

Originally Posted by Miyagi
Does anyone know if you can replace the top spring seat with something else that will work? My buddy bought some ground control coilovers used off someone but they didnt come with the front top spring seats. GC wants $45 each. (These are the aluminum seats that sit on top of the spring and lay under the top mount). Ive seen other kits not come with these aluminum seats but instead thick polyeurathane seats.. does anyone know if those will work fine? Or if he can use something else to replace that spring seat?
they only changed me for $20 each. (top mount that seats the springs). i ordered two last week n got em a few days ago.