Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

were do i start

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oilcan is an unknown quantity at this point
were do i start

hi, i got a 04 dx. i want to start working on the suspension, where do i start?
i don't want to lower it roads suck where i drive. but i would like to corner a lot better. i,ve got 205/55/16's co it, were do i start? thanks!
Old 01-14-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: were do i start

check the last link in my sig for DX civics. a dx has lots of upgrade potential, i would look into adding a rear sway bar with the progress adapter kit. and im not sure if you have a front sway but you can upgrade that too, and a neuspeed front upper strut bar. you can also lower the car a lil bit, smallest drop is 0.8 inches for tein H-tech. and better tires, check tirerack.com reviews.
Old 01-14-2010
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

PM me if your interested in the progress rear sway bar adapter kit. I bought one and never ended up using it- Brand new in the box.

BTW, welcome to the site!
Old 01-18-2010
Registered!!

Hondaguy89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do the shocks/struts HAVE to be replaced when lowering the car? I am thinking about lowering mine maybe about 1-1.25". They still ride as if they have a lot of life left in them..
Old 01-18-2010
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

You dont have to, but its a good idea to. Then when you go back to stock (if you ever do) then you have a working stock suspension to put back on. The other option is, just ride them till they blow and then replace them.
Old 01-18-2010
Registered!!

Hondaguy89 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was always under the impression that you should replace them when lowering the suspension. Your saying, its not needed and makes it better for when going back to stock (just making sure)? If I dont replace the struts/shocks will they ride bad? I would prefer not to replace them.
Old 01-18-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i rode on stock shocks for almost 3 yrs on lowering springs before one blew. ofcourse it was bouncing everywhere and i scraped over each dip and speedbump in the road, but its doable lol. if i could go back, i wouldve replaced the shocks right away instead of waiting.