Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Monroe Shocks and Strutts?

Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carter is an unknown quantity at this point
Monroe Shocks and Strutts?

I want a softer ride and im at about 115 000KM I was thinking of changing the shocks and struts would that be a good investment?

Would they be better for a softer ride because Im putting on 18" Enkies FN18s. Im tierd of feeling all the bumps and stuff in the road and I saw the display at Canadian Tire and as it shows the Shocks seem to be alot softer than stock.

Just wondering if anyone knows much about them?

Last edited by carter; 03-12-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Monroe Shocks and Strutts?

18's doesn't make it any better for a softer ride because you have to go a more low pro tire... if you want to lower expect it to be a little rough... i would try going with just blues/s.techs. that set up is pretty soft compared to other springs/struts
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

Well how much softer is the Monroe setup compared to "blue/ Stech" and can thoes come in adjustable set where i can lower it and raise up higher then normal for the winter time just a 1.5" drop and about a 1.5" high?

Im looking for a softer ride nothing sporty.. That 1.5" drop is at MAX I would probably go down about a 1/2" at most.

I just need some advice on getting a softer setup.

Thanks so far tho ^^ +1
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

rev125yz is an unknown quantity at this point

what he means by "blues" are tokico blues, preferably with stock springs, is a better ride than with the stock struts/shocks. but like he said, 18's will not help the situation much. but the blues would be the cheaper route than a coilover setup.
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Want a softer ride? Ditch the 18's, you'll have a tough time getting a soft ride on those.
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Monroe is Oriellys/Autozone junk........only put that on your beaters..........You're softest ride is gonna be stock suspension & stock wheels............You will never ever get a nice ride outta them
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

Murderjetz is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah dude...18's = **** ride. 17's are a good enough size without sacrificing much of the ride quality, I'd say.
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

Well, I dont have a problem with how it rides now.. I just know it will get a bit ruffer with the 18s.. So I was trying to find a balance and find out what setup could help equal the situation out.

tokico blues and the s-techs?

So dont change the stock springs there what you keep for the best ride quality? Struts/Shocks are what you can upgrade?
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

I found this site http://www.prostreetonline.com/s/sus...ico-shocks.asp

which of these better suit my needs? I dont care much for a drop, Im more worried about ride quality I know 18s wont help but I wnat somthing that might just a bit .. More so i dont want to damage the rims.
Old 03-13-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

dude. im sorry. search a little. you always create useless threads that have been covered a million times before. And you always ask about shitty parts. The magnaflow and enkeis being the exception. dont skimp on your ride. or youll pay mroe in the long run, possibly your life with egay coilovers ridin on a dubs with a autozone special shock while blinding oncoming drivers with your glare-ific HID kit and getting called a ricer for your dual exhaust on a 4cyl civic. Just mix a bunch of tried and true paths for mod-wise.

You Gotta Pay to Play.
Old 03-14-2008
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

18s and soft ride??? honestly, why ask...then again you bought a civic...
Old 03-14-2008
Registered!!

Murderjetz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Envy
...getting called a ricer for your dual exhaust on a 4cyl civic.
Is it not possible to get split 2-1 headers rather than a single 4-2-1 header and get true dual exhaust? I wouldn't call that ricey at all...fake dual exhaust is ****ing gay though.

I know I've found some headers like that for Integras before. Sorry if that's a dumb question, I don't know much about Civics.
Old 03-14-2008
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

tokico blues would be stiffer than stock. if u want a softer ride, get bags. if not, the softest ride would be stock.
Old 03-14-2008
Registered!!

Thanks speedricerx I tought Bags would be best but thoes are big bang in the bank.

I gota pay to play... well, ive learned to play with what ever little ive got and do it pretty well but thanks for the heads up.

Oh the HID arent that bad Maybe in a few years when im 20 and i can afford to spend my lunch money on head lights ill do that :>
Old 03-15-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FoSho
Monroe is Oriellys/Autozone junk........only put that on your beaters..........You're softest ride is gonna be stock suspension & stock wheels............You will never ever get a nice ride outta them
actually, Htech springs are softer than stock springs.they are made out of a material called Vanadium and far exceeds our civic oem springs.
Old 03-17-2008
Registered!!

okay so Htech Springs with Bags?

Now when I look for bags what are the negatives to changing to a air bag suspension set that you guys have come across if any? (oh ill research the answer at the same time).
Old 03-23-2008
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
actually, Htech springs are softer than stock springs.they are made out of a material called Vanadium and far exceeds our civic oem springs.
they are not softer than stock...

i have them w/ tokico blues and the combo is waaaay rougher than stock suspension...i guess it's not as rough as full coilovers but the ride isn't soft