Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

so when do springs sag

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
enjoitofer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: so when do springs sag

i have stock springs w/s tecs too i have like almost a 2 finger gap. u should really get shocks or get a spring with a lower drop maybe the nu speed one.

just my cents in there
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

my problem is im 100% content with the front, any lower and I will scrape.

but i wanted the rear to be lower for a more balanced look. I can't put neuspeeds on the rear and s techs on the front...
no finger gap!

back to really how it stands.

Thanks for your replies, I think I'm just going to leave it as it is, I'm already hating to be extra careful on a 2 finger drop any lower i might break the whole kit off...
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

i like the no finger gap imho, but my question here which is a tad off topic...the front lip kit, is that HFP?

cuz i really love the front lip on that car.
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

ya i love the no finger gap look too, but i was parked on an uneven surface lol for that look. I would love to drive around like that but my city streets are just filled with holes and large humps. And leaving business areas with those steep exits/entrances- wow such a pain...

that lip is called an RS lip originally designed for the OEM JDM sedan. It fits coupes too, but the RS rear lip does not fit.

Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by enjoitofer
i have stock springs w/s tecs too i have like almost a 2 finger gap. u should really get shocks or get a spring with a lower drop maybe the nu speed one.

just my cents in there

hey can i see some pics of your drop? does it look like mine?
Old 11-06-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

lucky you didnt get an srt4...you have to spend a pretty penny and then some to make the rear of them sag lol...if you dont know what i mean, see this

Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

honestly. You should just leave it the way it is. It looks fine and you will learn to live with it (even though you want it lower). In time, it might sag and it might not. As far as Tokico goes, I have Blue's and absolutely love them. I was lowered on stock shocks for about three months and it was like humping a jackhammer. As soon as I installed the Blue's I was happy. Firm ride, but not bouncy like the stock suspension.
Old 11-06-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just keep the gas tank full, its extra 80 lbs
Old 11-07-2007
Registered!!

would driving around with an 80 pound rock in the trunk speed the death of my shocks?" doing so would give me the allusion that its lowered even more but not too much, but im hoping my shocks won't give in too soon because I can't afford it and undecisive about getting shocks or coil overs. comfort vs cosmetics
Old 11-07-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

If you put more pressure on your OEM shocks, causing them to ride lower, your shocks will go out. It's not a matter of if but when. I've heard some people's go out just weeks after they lower there car, and others (like gearbox) go much longer.
Old 11-07-2007
Registered!!

hmmm okay.. so the idea is to not drive around heavy people if I want to keep my stock shocks as long as possible. Good thing I only weight like 125 lbs. Thanks again
Old 02-26-2009
Registered!!

BigIrish is an unknown quantity at this point

Im here to tell you i have an 04 civic coupe with ACO's and the ride is fun as hell lol its like riding inside of a bunny on shity roads, but i like it and it doesnt bother me, if you like a perfectly smooth ride you might want to think about going a different way lol
Old 02-27-2009
Registered!!

whyd u reply to athread that was over a year old?? lol
im on coilovers now, so i bitch less now
Old 02-27-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^i read this thread.......n was like.....wtf is kyle joking? wtf up with this nooob question
Old 02-27-2009
Registered!!

BigVic4545 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have Tein S techs on stock springs....I have a 1/2 inch gap on the rears and 1 finger and a half gap up front. If you want the rears to look lower get a nice big sub box, thats what i have.
Old 02-27-2009

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^this thread is dead. stop replying with actual feedback.....lol

he's got coilovers now.
Old 03-16-2009
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

....fat chicks
Old 03-16-2009
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pao
Stop fingering your car and maybe the springs will have time to settle.
lulz... WAT.
Old 03-16-2009

haha. dude springs dont get old and "sag"

they just get compressed when weight is upon them...many ppl get confused too easily.

and it only takes about a week for the springs to settle in or so.
Old 03-16-2009
Registered!!

stop bumping this thread!!!
Old 03-16-2009
Registered!!

shadymechanic is an unknown quantity at this point

The spring rate and height will not sag. My car has 12 years on it and the springs are now sagging a bit. You'll need the right size shocks for the job. Go to a mom and pop muffler and brake place to see if they can match them up - they can do good work for cheap. A lot of folks think they just do family cars - such a misconception.
Otherwise you should fill a small blatter with water and place it in your trunk - man that would be shady!
Old 03-16-2009

Originally Posted by kcari
stop bumping this thread!!!
it makes you feel real stupid huh kyle? cuz you sound like such a noob for asking this question.

its ok....it was along time ago.
Old 03-17-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

shocks make it sag not springs. and yeah fat chicks = blown shocks. happened on my older car and it only took one ride to do it. dont ask why there were two 400+lbs chicks in my back seat.
Old 03-17-2009
Registered!!

amexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of light

chubby chaser much??^^
Old 03-17-2009

Originally Posted by gearbox
shocks make it sag not springs. and yeah fat chicks = blown shocks. happened on my older car and it only took one ride to do it. dont ask why there were two 400+lbs chicks in my back seat.
HAHHAHAHAH........you dirty old man