Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

OEM Springs Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sihotan is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM Springs Install

i have sportlines on oem struts on my 03 civic sedan, i it also sags in the rear. But i also have noticed that when i have a full tank of gas, the rear leans toward the left on driver side. it doesn't look good at all.
i'm thinking of goind back to oem springs now that my wife drives the car.

i was wondering does anyone know if there is a difference between the stiffness of the oem rear springs that componsates for the leaning of the rear toward the left with a full tank of gas.
i've seen other civics with a full tank of gas and the rear is perfectly fine with oem springs. no leaning whatsoever.

anyways if there is a difference in stiffness of the rear springs how am i supposed to know which goes on the left and which goes on the right.

thanks for any help
Old 10-27-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
the car isnt perfectly balanced even from the factory....it may always have leaned a little to the left, but you didnt notice it till now. more of the engine's weight is on the left side of the car so thats whats most likely causing the lean, not the gas
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

but it seems to be more in the back than the front of the car.
i just want to put the oem springs back on. i'm just wondering if there is a difference in the rear springs that all!!!
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

i think i remember someone mentioning on this forum something about the difference in the springs. i tried searching couldnt' find any info.
Old 10-27-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
If you give the car to your wife, you can't just reinstall OEM springs and expect things to be hunky dorry. Those shocks have been weakened by the lowering springs and should probably be replaced.
Old 10-27-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by robbclark1
hunky dorry

ROFL anyways yeah....best bet is to listen to Rc just don't expect much when you put those oem springs back on....and like scat said it alreadyn leans...I've always noticed a VER slight 3-4 p.s.i loss a month or so because of the weight shift in the dr. front tire... none of the others do this and its always been occurent even with my steelies...
Old 10-27-2005

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
There is normally a lean, but when it sags it is because the shocks are usually weak.
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

she just got her license and the way she is driving i'm afriad, she goes over speed bumps like there are nothing. untill she started to drive the car i pretty much granny drove it. i just want the hieght back.
Old 10-27-2005

Originally Posted by sihotan
she just got her license and the way she is driving i'm afriad, she goes over speed bumps like there are nothing. untill she started to drive the car i pretty much granny drove it. i just want the hieght back.
The height won't change the crappy ride is what I am trying to tell you. I suggest to upgrade your shocks to tokico blues and put oem springs on them. Blues will stiffen the ride, but will help with the crappiness of it. Putting OEM springs back on blow or weak stock shocks is not going to help.
Old 10-27-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by robbclark1
There is normally a lean, but when it sags it is because the shocks are usually weak.

ok maybe I should have said until I replaced OEM suspension
Old 10-27-2005

Originally Posted by Shroomster
ok maybe I should have said until I replaced OEM suspension
You had a saggy ***