Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

need to lower my ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondactr is an unknown quantity at this point
need to lower my ride

I have an 04 civic VP. I need to lower my car about 2 inches. What is better for performance, coilovers or springs? I am tight on money, so I can't get the best thing on the market, but I don't want to get the cheapest either. Is there a noticable difference in the two? Also, I need a short shifter. Is there any difference between the brands? I have noticed a huge price jump in some. Is it worth the extra $$? Just let me know.

Hybrid Customz
Beaufort, SC
Old 12-04-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
short shifter = revo ss

springs will provide you with a lower stance and increase handling over stock. But in due time, your stock shocks will take a beating.

Coilovers provide better handling and ride comfort. You can go with a spring and shock combo or a full coilover.

If you are on a budget, then tein basic is a nice set-up. Still kinda pricey.........but u get what you pay for.
Old 12-04-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Usually a good progressive spring will be more comfortable over a linear coilover spring. Both will usually provide better handling over stock. Get a good set of shocks and you'll be good to go. Or get full coil over set.
Old 12-04-2004
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=133266
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
I personally like my GC coilovers because i like the ability to adjust them. Sure my shocks are blown but it's not so bad
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
^^^ hahaha
roads in houston must be hella nice Luda
I drove on blown shocks for about 3weeks in NY and it felt like my whole car was gonna break down..lol it was horrible so I replaced my stock shocks with Tokico Blues (300bucks) and kept the stock springs cuz the winter was coming and I didn't wanna lower it.
If you're tight with budget go with some used springs(from a member of this site who's selling) and go with TOkiCo BluEs , I think I'll cost you less than $500 for the whole set up.
Old 12-06-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
You don't need parts... you want them. You NEED to learn how the search button works.