Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Help: Do i need to replace all 4 shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
namja213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help: Do i need to replace all 4 shocks?

Hello all,

Thanks for your help in advance. I had my 2001 civic lx coupe lowered for the last 3 years, but I recently raised the car back up and put in the original springs. The problem is, my ride is still really bad and I think that it is due to my original shocks being blown out. (I never upgraded my shocks when I lowered my car 3 years ago).

Anyways, looks like i probably need to replace em.

Question - Do i really need to replace all 4 shocks or should i just replace the front two shocks. I was thinking about getting OEM honda shocks to restore my original performance. Or, should I replace all 4 shocks? I am on a budget and really need to do this as cheaply and efficiently as possible.

Please offer your suggestions. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Most people that I know of replace all 4 shocks, kinda like tires. But its okay to replace the two at a time(front or back) with the same product.
Old 08-19-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
OEM shocks are VERY expensive.... dont konw why, but they are (around 114+ each). I'd suggest picking up a set of Tokico HP shocks (all 4 should run about $350). Should out perform the stock dampers easily, and not break the budget while doing it.