Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Interesting D2 coilover claim.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cosmicjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting D2 coilover claim.

Stolen from clubrsx.com:

Heres something I found on another forum about D2 coilovers. Not sure if its true though, haven't done much research. Anybody know the truth?

"D2 is a Taiwanese brand, and is very cheap to get in Taiwan. Probably only 1/3 of the price of the more known brands.

I personally does not like the brand, since they do locally some cheaty marketing. They are using pictures of German DTM cars and some of these cars have the D2 logo.
However, D2 is one of the German telecom companies and has nothing to do with the D2 coilovers.

Also, I think they registered the D2 name in the UK, but what I already said, the Mercedes pics they are using are used in the German DTM races, and have nothing to do with the UK.

I personally do not have experience with their products. They got be of good quality, but because of the way they do their marketing , I don't dare to try their products."

Heres the link to it:
http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/fo...howtopic=12702&
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

DarrenA is an unknown quantity at this point
It is almost impossible to decide on which coilovers to get. Just when you think you have decided something like this comes out. Good find though.
Old 04-20-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
VNlilMAN just bought them and from his review, it seems like theire really nice.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

UrbanImport is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure if this claim is true or not, I have a hard time believing it is, I'm sure there would have been some sort of legal action already if it was. Please do more research before you post something like this. You are quoting somebody on a web board in the UK who nobody knows anything about. This is how false rumors get started. Regardless this has nothing to do with the quality of the product.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

torontocivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Interesting D2 coilover claim.

I have D2’s on my 2002 Civic. I have had them for 2 weeks. Other brands I have driven in do not compare to the quality of handling the D2’s offer. Everything is made in Taiwan one way or another, we just don’t know it.
Old 04-20-2004
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
damn i just wrote a reply to this but =( closed the window...

Whether its true or not I dont know. The D2 logo's do look the same. I do believe they also sell D2s in the UK and ya as urbanimport has said there probably would have already been legal actions already if it were true.
EVEN if it was... is D2 the ones marketing their products like that or is it just the PUBLIC that is...

Either way i'm happy with them so i really wouldnt care if the benz's car didnt use D2.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

Its been settled .. no hard feelings. Regardless, im going to buy these coilovers

Last edited by cosmicjim; 04-20-2004 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

Listen to people who actually have the coilovers and rave about their ride quality like myself and 100's of other people
Old 04-20-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
w3rd^^^^
Old 04-20-2004
The Standard One

Hey hey be nice...

Actually this is how rumors start tho.. what if it is false... people may take this the wrong way and not like D2 anymore whether or not it is true..
I personally dont like these threads either, along with threads that say "tokico's comin out this month". We can have he say this, she say that arguement but untill there are cold hard facts that prove D2 has been false advertising, this thread will remain locked. If you do find some proof that shows the D2 on those cars are for a different company, please feel free to PM me and i'll gladly unlock this.

-locked-
Old 04-20-2004
The Standard One

-Unlocked-
Reason for unlocking...

cosmicjim wrote on <font color="blue">Today</font> 12:49 PM:
Im not implying that D2 Coilovers suck in anyway or that D2 Racing is false advertising ... just brining to attention that D2 on the DTM Mercedes is not D2 Coilovers ... but rather its Vodafone D2

http://home.arcor.de/f-/f-2001/image...des%20Benz.jpg

if you see on that car, nothing is in reference to coilovers except H&R

http://www.d2racing.com.tw/profile.htm

is the company website. they have the same logo ... i doubt the company itself actually false advertises as it is most likley against the law ... but it is rather misleading to some consumers.

Further, wouldn't you think D2 Racing would advertise the DTM Mercedes if they were using their coilovers?

Just wanted people to know that possiblity that D2 Coilovers are not the same application on the DTM ... at least I dont believe so

Thanks.
Thanks cosmicjim for clearing that up. Did a great job of researching..
I doubt D2 advertised that way though. I'm sure it was a rumor within itself that the PUBLIC used to market the products.

Even after all this, I stand by D2 as they do ride really great...
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

Any proof of actual D2 using that picture in an adervertisment? If not thread should be deleted as it is a pointless assumption
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

And are you sure the d2 vodafone car isn't sponsored by D2 as the logos are basically exact
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

UrbanImport is an unknown quantity at this point
One way or another I don't see any pictures of the DTM cars on the D2 Taiwan site.

http://www.d2racingsport.com/racing-team.htm

Old 04-20-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
http://www.d2racing.com.tw/

the link above stated the following

Well Established in 1997. D2 is not only specialized in manufacturing shock absorbers for auto motives modifcation kits and also provides all-kinds of shock absorbers for customers.

D2 racing teams are around the world in Thailand, Taiwan, and China.

We also have branch in Hong Kong, China, Macau, Singapore, Thailand, Australia,England,and USA.

All our Products are tested by our instrument and professional racing teams to meet our high standard qualities and reliablities before they are sold.

We truly welcome customers to become our distributors in any regions.

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 04-20-2004 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

dacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
They may be made in Taiwan but you couldn't judge the product where they were made. Can you show more proof that people(beside just one link) dislike D2 and have a lot of problems with them?
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

People ... you guys need to read more carefully before jumping to conclusions. The point of the thread was to alert the possibility of false advertising or false association between DTM and D2 Racing.

torontocivic:
no there is no proof that D2 Racing has used the pictures of the DTM cars in their advertising.

again, this thread was, eventually, used to differentiate the difference between the D2 logo on the DTM car and the D2 Coilovers logo.

UrbanImport:
yes, they dont have DTM cars on their website ... but the similarities may lead people to assume the DTM cars use the coilovers ... which would be incorrect (as far as i can see)

dacivic:
I never insinuated that because the product was made in Taiwan it was of questionable quality. The links are not meant to be "proof" that the coilovers are no good.

People, please understand that the point of the thread was to differentiate between the DTM Mercedes logo and the D2 racing coilover logos ... both which are quite similar.

The font is the same, but for Vodafone D2 the logo is blue ... the D2 racing logo is black.

This is not an issue, just an informative post.