Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Rattling noise front of car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Rattling noise front of car?

i had skunk2 coilovers on my car, and now im going back to stock. well i put everything back on but for some reason theres a really loud rattling sound from the front of the car now. seems like its coming from the top of the strut tower and only happens when i go over a bump. shocks arent blown because i just got new ones. i was just wondering if someone could post up a diagram of how the oem struts are assembled to make sure that i put everything on there in the right order? thanks.
Old 04-09-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Make sure they are indexed correctly. There is a thread about that, just search for it. Also, go back and retorque ALL the bolts.
Old 04-09-2004
Registered!!

yeah, i retorqued all the bolts, and i found a diagram and i have all teh stuff in there in the correct order at least. ill go check out if its indexed the right way, i though i put it in correctly.
Old 04-09-2004
Registered!!

well it was alittle off, sounds gone, thanks. now i just need to get a new bolt that i stripped teh shiznit outa .
Old 04-09-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
when I took my spring off I thought I had all the nuts and bolts tight and found that the passenger strut hat wasn't on tight. the center nut needed to be tightened a little more.
Old 04-09-2004
Registered!!

ok so i checked both sides, the right side was way off from being lined up right, so i fixed that, and the left side was just barely off so i fixed that too. but now for some reason the left side still makes a clunking noise but its not as bad as before. any ideas? all the bolts are on as tight as possible, and the little bearing/bushing plate is in the correct slot so i cant see how it could be moving around or anything. !
Old 04-10-2004
Registered!!

hey, is there any way to rotate the top spring perch without having to take the strut tower completely apart? the damn spring pushes up with a lot of force so does anyone have a way of compressing those? the compressors that i got from autozone wont do the job, they suck really.
Old 04-10-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
I wold just take the strut out. To index it right you have to line up the triangles which you cant see from the bottom.
Old 04-10-2004
Registered!!

yeah, i know i have to take it out, but do i have to take it apart? like do i have to take the top spring perch and that nut off?