Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here
View Poll Results: What kind of Rims should I get with the car color being silver?
Chrome
0%
Black
64.29%
Gunmetal
28.57%
Hypersilver
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

19 inch rims will they fit?

Old 01-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
juliojmartinez is an unknown quantity at this point
19 inch rims will they fit?

Guys i just got into a Civic and for now it has 17 inch rims but I was wondering if I could put 19's on it without having to do any mods to it? Any suggestions?
Old 01-25-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: 19 inch rims will they fit?

You could but why? Most members on here will tell you 17 is the highest you should go. But each to his own.

And color depends on which rims you get. Some colors will look better on other rims

And no chrome
Old 01-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Up to 20'' fit on most generations, but anything over 17'' starts to look funny.

Anything above 17'', especially chrome rims, are also starting to get very heavy so they'll hurt performance and fuel economy significantly.
Old 01-26-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

fender gap no more, you will start having body to ground gap - alot
Old 01-26-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Running 19x7.5 Forged Traklites with 215/35/19s. 17.5lbs. Dropped 2" on Tein Flex Coilovers, 0857 Raised Steering Bracket, J's Racing Tie Rods and RCAs. Rolled Fenders. -2 degrees front / - 1.5 degrees rear camber. 8+ years with no issues, no rub.

People don't realize that they're 19s until they ask (most common remark is that they look like 17s). I guess the flat black color doesn't make them look so oversized. My gunmetal set are another story. They look huge. I guess color does make difference.

Try to go forged if you can. Cast 19s will push you well into the mid-20lb range. For reference, steelies are about 18 lbs. You think your Civic is slow now... I can still chirp in second gear with the forged, sometimes third.

Last edited by maxtierney; 01-27-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-26-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by juliojmartinez
Guys i just got into a Civic and for now it has 17 inch rims but I was wondering if I could put 19's on it without having to do any mods to it? Any suggestions?
I guess I should try to answer your question a little better.

Stock Height - No Mods Required

When I was running Neuspeed Sports / Tokico D-Specs (About 1.25" Drop) - I had to mildly roll the rear fenders. Started out at -1.5 degrees rear camber. Increasing about - .2 degrees/year, due to sag. I think I was well over -2 degrees with almost a 2" drop. Fronts were never an issue until...

I dropped about 2.25" Front and 1.75" Rear (settled to about 2") w/ front camber at -2 and rear at about -1.5 or so. Had to roll fronts and remove the fender liners.

You are limited to a handful of tire manufacturer choices. Not too many 215/35-19 players out there. A bit pricier too. Straight line performance takes a little hit. More so, with the cast wheels. Zigzags - no compromises. Stiffer sidewalls are plus for handling, but get ready to rattle some teeth. Women always complained about the ride hurting their *****. I got a kick out of it though. Haha.

I enjoy the look, that's why I did it. If that's what you want. Go for it, who cares about everyone else. It's your car, do what makes you happy.

Your front brakes will looks TINY. The rear drums will look even more ridiculous. I swear I could see all the way to China, looking through the wheels from the side profile. However, cleaning the suspension and brakes are a piece of cake, through the spokes

Gas milage does take a bit of a hit. On steelies I averaged about 400-420 miles per tank. With 19s, I averaged about 380-400 (even with relatively light 17.5lbs wheels). After the 12" Wilwood BBK, 350-370 per tank. Inertia, rotational mass and unsprung weight are killers. Typically, you can go one of two routes: Smaller and lighter for speed/efficiency or Bling for the opposite.

With that said, my next purchase will be a set of 16" Regas or SW388s (12 lbs or so). I just found out they'll clear my calipers and rotors. Better MPGs, Cheaper Tires, a couple tenths shaved and some Russian/JDM Eye Candy, to boot. WIN/WIN

I'll still rock the 19s in the summer.

Last edited by maxtierney; 01-29-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

215/35-19...
yeah, with these they will not lift the car up.
good write up
Old 01-27-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
215/35-19...
yeah, with these they will not lift the car up.
good write up
Thanks.
Old 01-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
juliojmartinez is an unknown quantity at this point

Man great info ! I will definately take the advice.
Old 01-29-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by juliojmartinez
Man great info ! I will definately take the advice.
No worries. Glad to help. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

mods, stick this one to the top
Old 01-31-2011
EM2ti

There was another member interested in 19s. I figured you may need some visuals too. I don't have my laptop anymore (saving for a new Mac) so more often than not I post from my phone. Here's a link to some pics from a long time ago. 19" Gunmetals, dropped 1" (before my car settled).

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...-my-civic.html