Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

broke my lug tool =(

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
broke my lug tool =(

so i was doing an oil change and on the last lug i snapped the tool... this is not good! what if i blow a tire? and how am i going to change my suspention in the spring? any way here are some photos hoping you guys know where i can find a new one. if worse comes to worse how can i cut the lugs off?

and my emanage, for now a really expensive paper weight.

the tool is about the diameter of a nickel, maybe a quarter. it's smaller then the stock lugs and has 6 points of contact which slide into 6 grooves on the lugs.

i've already gone to canadian tire and lordco, waiting till i have time to check out mopac and napa, but i might have to buy online.

Last edited by mac25; 01-03-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: broke my lug tool =(

looks like the standard muteki key for their tuner lug nuts. thats the reason i like em so much. if it breaks (and they do rust up fast if you dont keep it clean and indoors), i just order another set. they are dirt cheap too a set of 20 for $50 or less sometimes.
Old 01-03-2011

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

awesome! thx man your saving my life. now that i know what i think i'm looking for i'll do some real measurments and hopefully order them.

thank you again!

edit: tryed to rep you... stupid rep limit won't tlit me. i thought triz or someone was going to get rid of it?
Old 01-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I went to Canadian Tire and Lordco and the only person who knew what tuner nuts were was the parts delivery kid, lesson learned. I went to Abbsry Tire and got my nuts for $20 with the key. I actually had an extra I would have given you, but my friend broke his key last week so he has it now lol

I think thats the same key I have, but if its not and you can't find the one you need for some reason, Kurtis Tire in Abbotsford broke the tuner nuts off my friends car for free when he bough new tires.
Old 01-03-2011

nice! i might drive out to abby soon then. and thx for offering your spare key =D.
Old 01-03-2011

bahhhh! can't rep you either mindbomb, ggglllarrrrrggghhh! it shouldn't matter if you rep someone 8 times in a row for good ifo 8 times.
Old 01-04-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mac25
bahhhh! can't rep you either mindbomb, ggglllarrrrrggghhh! it shouldn't matter if you rep someone 8 times in a row for good ifo 8 times.
Lots of stuff going on behind the scenes, hence why things keep appearing and disappearing. Give it some time for all the changes we want to happen to take place.

I'll take a picture of my key and post it in a bit for comparison purposes.
Old 01-04-2011

thx man
Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

If you can't find a key that fits, you can take a socket and pound it on to remove the last nut. Kind of a last resort thing.
Old 01-04-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

^all four nuts use the same key. hey look they sell the key separately. $10 shipped on ebay to anywhere.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUTEK...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-04-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by gearbox
^all four nuts use the same key. hey look they sell the key separately. $10 shipped on ebay to anywhere.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUTEK...Q5fAccessories
Its probably less than that locally, plus I'd say he needs it asap just in case he gets a flat. I need one as well, since apparently the tire shop gave me back my nuts without the key when they put the winters on.

Old 01-04-2011

^ lol probabley jacked the key for their own car.
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Any decent tire shop should have a key.

This looks the same to me. Six teeth, right? Got it at discount tire, $16.99 for 20 lugs and the key.
Name:  lugkey.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  61.6 KB
Old 01-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

get a slightly undersized socket pound it on with a hammer hit it with an impact and it will come right off nock the old lug out of the socket repeat. replace with other lug nuts.

keyed nuts are a waste if some one really wants your rims they are taking them
Old 01-07-2011
2001 Civic LX Sedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biscuit will become famous soon enoughBiscuit will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I need one as well, since apparently the tire shop gave me back my nuts without the key when they put the winters on.

Major Fail on your part for not doing it yourself.
I know you could have done it faster and easier yourself so don't go arguing that with me.

Nathan
Old 01-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by Biscuit
Major Fail on your part for not doing it yourself.
I know you could have done it faster and easier yourself so don't go arguing that with me.

Nathan
I bought new snow tires this year, so I needed to have the tires mounted to my rims at a shop.

No BS, I almost bought a tire mounting machine at an auction. I was going to set it up in the storage room of my apartment and charge my friends to mount their tires, my gf flipped..
Old 01-07-2011

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I bought new snow tires this year, so I needed to have the tires mounted to my rims at a shop.

No BS, I almost bought a tire mounting machine at an auction. I was going to set it up in the storage room of my apartment and charge my friends to mount their tires, my gf flipped..
bahh ha ha!

and thx for the help guys =D
Old 01-07-2011

Originally Posted by lazlong
Any decent tire shop should have a key.

This looks the same to me. Six teeth, right? Got it at discount tire, $16.99 for 20 lugs and the key.

and yes that looks about right.
Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boosted01civic will become famous soon enough

did you ever get the lug key? I actually have to go to Discount Tire next week and the guy that runs the place will probably just give me one because I buy so many tires there. I guess that may be a little thing for him considering I buy tires for 5 cars there. I could always just throw it in the mail.
Old 01-08-2011

i think i'm just going to use gearbox's online link, $10 shipped. but i did go to mopac today but theu didn't have it.

so i changed the plugs on my buddy's new probe gt. there was oil on the plugs. they weren't torqued at all so i'm hoping that's all it was. but if not is this a major problem? head gasket or head issues? the car should be way faster then it is.
Old 01-08-2011
Premium Member

prolly just needs a new valve cover gasket and tube seals. it all comes in a kit.
Old 01-10-2011

Originally Posted by gearbox
prolly just needs a new valve cover gasket and tube seals. it all comes in a kit.
really? cause its rated at 160-165hp@4500rpm and weighs 2800 and should make 0-60 in about 7.2. but it's way slower then the 7gen at 127 and 2500 pounds, 0-60 listed at 8-9 online. i'm hoping it's a cheap fix but if not at least he only payed 1300.