Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

wheel cylinder sealant?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
wheel cylinder sealant?

Does anyone know what kind of grease/sealant goes behind the wheel cylinders when installing them?
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
anyone?
Old 02-07-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Just checked the manual, no reference of any sort of grease is made. Says soak the parts in DOT3 brake fluid and air dry before installing.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

well on page 19-24 of the manaul it says to use cemedine 366E sealant or equivalent between the wheel cylinder and backing plate. I just want to know whats equivalant to that.
Old 02-07-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
are asking about between the surface between the BACK of the W/C and the backing plate? If so some cars use a sealant similar to silicone, not sure why but ive seen it many times. Not like dirt/contamination wont enter from between the drum and backing plate
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

so it is necessary to even use it?
Old 02-08-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
I've never used any at that location ever. And i cant imagine why it would be needed in the first place. I imagine if there was huge gaping holes around the w/c then yes it may not be a bad idea. But i dont believe that is the case
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tacheon is on a distinguished road
On my previous Dodge, RTV was specified. I believe it's just to keep road grit out.