Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Drums--->Discs SPELLED OUT

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bojangles80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah if anyone knows of a way to overcome the proportioning valve issue in the LX model please let me know... that's the only thing that I'm concerned about.

Eyger did it end up working in your car? If so what did the slave assembly end up costing you?
Old 04-19-2006
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bojangles80
Yeah if anyone knows of a way to overcome the proportioning valve issue in the LX model please let me know... that's the only thing that I'm concerned about.

Eyger did it end up working in your car? If so what did the slave assembly end up costing you?
Sorry hommie, I havn't done it yet (me = poor bastada). But you bet I'll share everything when It's done in the future.
Old 04-19-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i have a dx, i didnt change the proportioning, everything works fine, and i still had a very significant improvement in stopping performance. k, thnx.
Old 04-20-2006
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by skipbarber
i have a dx, i didnt change the proportioning, everything works fine, and i still had a very significant improvement in stopping performance. k, thnx.
Right, you can just leave it. But I believe that in order to obtain optimum performance out of the rotors, you would have to change the master slave and proportioning assembly. So I guess you could say from stock to good, or from stock to really good.
Old 04-21-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i was quoted about $400 to have custom proportioning done, and quite honestly, the difference probably isnt worth the money. I feel that the $200 i paid for my conversion has more than satisfied my performance expectations.
Old 04-21-2006
Registered!!

05CoupeCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Just trying to clear things up here,

to do this you need the stock Si rear disc's and calipers + e-brake cables. To "build them" meaning changing rotors and calipers? i need more things?

Im planning on keeping the stock calipers but changing rotors, what exact items do i need before i go buying all of this stuff?
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
i put mine on today WOOT pics up a little later
Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
damn i want to do the swap but i'm scare i might *** up! brakes and suspension is sooo important...i know how to change my own brakes, so you think thats a good enough skill to do this swap?
Old 04-29-2006

K20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CIVIC X3
damn i want to do the swap but i'm scare i might *** up! brakes and suspension is sooo important...i know how to change my own brakes, so you think thats a good enough skill to do this swap?
Yes. You will need a friend to help you with bleeding though.
Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
i've bleed the brakes before but never have i flush it. its bcuz i dont know how. any tip?
Old 05-08-2006
Registered!!

racoon_assasin is an unknown quantity at this point
Just out of curiosity....

Okay, so, just to make sure ... are the rotors the same diameter as the stock EX rotors? My two concerns with doing this conversion was A) the 5-lug mistery (which I can see now is not a problem as long as it's from the EP3) and B) I like to take my rims off in the winter and throw my stock 15's on w/ winter tires....so...if the set-up won't fit in 15's....I can't do this. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-08-2006
Registered!!

well ok the rear are a little bit smaller than the front

A) 01-03 were 4 lugs i belive
B) They will clear the 15's no problem
Old 05-11-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by racoon_assasin
Okay, so, just to make sure ... are the rotors the same diameter as the stock EX rotors? My two concerns with doing this conversion was A) the 5-lug mistery (which I can see now is not a problem as long as it's from the EP3) and B) I like to take my rims off in the winter and throw my stock 15's on w/ winter tires....so...if the set-up won't fit in 15's....I can't do this. Thanks for the input.
4 lug EP3 rotors are the same
A) is wrong, it is a problem to just go 5 lug, search for that, no sense clogging this thread
B) use 4 lug brakes.
Old 08-13-2006
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
lets say i get the knuckles, etc, etc. could i use lets say civic SI brembo rotors and pads so ill have a big brake kit in the back to match the front? so i would use civic EX which is my car brembo rotors and pads and civic SI brembo rotors and pads for the rear with the knuckles, etc. would that work?

Last edited by 1siksivik; 08-13-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-25-2006
Registered!!

icetrap is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by eugthebear
hey guys would a 3rd gen tegs rear brakes work too?
Yes you can fit EK series onto our cars. They are 242mm, smaller rotors
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

ryangt is an unknown quantity at this point
can i use rsx rear brakes on my 01 ex? A buddy of mine has fronts and rears for 500.
Old 10-17-2006
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
yes, but you will need a new ball joint and LCA for the front and maybe the whole rear LCA.
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
is honda the only place to get rsx e-brake cables?
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

ryangt is an unknown quantity at this point
rsx rears

I have the complete rear control arms for the rsx with everything attatched, calipers, rotors, knuckles yadda yadda, im not very worried about the fronts untilll i go K20
SO the rear LCA should bolt right up correct? And everything from there is pretty much bolt on.

Then that brings me to the e brake cables, will i be able to get away with using the RSX ones? or my own?
Old 10-17-2006
Registered!!

yes, the rsx, 1.7el and the sir e-brake cables will work with the swap.
Old 11-06-2006
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about
What about 03 Si rear discs on the back of my 04 ex? I would think it would all match up, but am not sure. I do know that the 04 Si has FIVE LUG . . . so I'm kind of screwed there.
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

yes the 03 rear discs will fit with no problem b/c there 4lug
Old 11-06-2006
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Question

Can anyone tell me the wrench/socket size the cam nut is? Does the nut come off or the bolt? I measured the width to be .955" and it turns out to be 24.257mm.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2006
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by goodtimes
yes the 03 rear discs will fit with no problem b/c there 4lug
NICE! Thanks a bundle, now I need to call some junkyards, lol.
Old 11-07-2006
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by InanimateCarbonRod
Can anyone tell me the wrench/socket size the cam nut is? Does the nut come off or the bolt? I measured the width to be .955" and it turns out to be 24.257mm.

Thanks!
I brought my good calipers home from work and measured it again; It's 24mm, bigger than any socket or wrench I have right now. Keep this in mind when you guys go to the junkyard to get your EP3 knuckles.

Oh yea, the socket will have to be at least 40mm deep.

Last edited by InanimateCarbonRod; 11-07-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2006
Registered!!

at least you're not changing your LCA, you need specialty tool to get that out from honda.

btw, anyone have one?
Old 11-28-2006
Registered!!

AMontalvo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
What is an EP3? I'd like to do this install on my 02 EX. What do I need to get? and where?
Old 11-28-2006
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AMontalvo22
What is an EP3? I'd like to do this install on my 02 EX. What do I need to get? and where?
ep3 is a civic si hatchback.. check the frist post for all the things you need.. if you look hard enough you can prolly find someone selling a setup in the forsale thread. if you cant find one and you have the cash, i'm sure you can get the setup at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

i'm not 100% sure, but i think you can use a setup from a canadian acura 1.7EL..
Old 11-28-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
ep3 is a civic si hatchback.. check the frist post for all the things you need.. if you look hard enough you can prolly find someone selling a setup in the forsale thread. if you cant find one and you have the cash, i'm sure you can get the setup at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
What happened to your for sale thead?
Sorry for the OT reply
Old 11-28-2006
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pon55
What happened to your for sale thead?
Sorry for the OT reply
lol.. i just kinda abandoned it.. no one seemed to want any of it.. i may just ebay it all whenever i get the time.. either that or i'll be able to sell it easier when i'm able to get my own place up here in washington, but that wont be til after i come back from deployment

Quick Reply: Drums--->Discs SPELLED OUT