Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

what to do when i get new rotors and pads?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
what to do when i get new rotors and pads?

When i get my powerslot rotors and hawk pads.... what will i need to do after i install them?
Old 01-30-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Bed the pads (break them in) and its usually wise to do a brake system bleed. DIY is somewhere in this forum.
Old 01-30-2005
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
Dont install both at the same time, you wanna get the pads worn in first and then the rotors.
Old 01-31-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
would i be better off just taking them to a shop like midas and having them do everything?

Injen
Old 01-31-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Nodnero
Dont install both at the same time, you wanna get the pads worn in first and then the rotors.
You can do them both at the same time. Theres no reason that you cant. Bed the pad into the rotor and off you go.
Old 01-31-2005
Banned

koolaidman is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by injencivic
When i get my powerslot rotors and hawk pads.... what will i need to do after i install them?
blead the system or flush...nothig else
Old 02-01-2005
Registered!!

EX4Dr is an unknown quantity at this point
Installing them at the same time is fine. All it means is that you will doing the rotor seasoning and pad bedding procedure at the same time if you so choose. Here's what you need to do to get the most performance out of you new brake components.

1) For the first 200 - 300 miles, do the usual break-in by driving and braking lightly. It just means drive like all normal drivers (not spirited driving). Try avoiding any panic braking or use your brake excessively on long down hills (better to use lower gears to help out in long down hill situations). This break-in period will heat the brake components to sufficient temperature to burn-off/evaporate any cleaning agents or oil used in the manufacturing of the brake components.

2) After the usual break-in period. Perform the rotor seasoning and pad bedding procedure to get the most out of your brakes. Since both the rotor and pads are new, this procedure can be done at the same time. Rotor seasoning is really a heat cycling procedure by performing a series of gradually intensfying braking stops to alter the molecular crystal structure of your rotors to minimize future warpping of the rotors. The bedding procedure is a very similar procedure designed to deposite a layer of pad material onto the rotors to increase the coeficient of friction - thus stronger braking power. You can following the link below to find out how to do these procedure.
<a href="http://www.baer.com/Support/TechTips.aspx"> Seasoning and Bedding Procedures </a>
Old 02-01-2005
Registered!!

snowboreddave is an unknown quantity at this point
woah ^^^ theres a smart noob.. good job..