Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Pads ~ Rotors ~ Calipers!

Old 09-05-2004
Pimp My Ride!! Please!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UltimateWarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Pads ~ Rotors ~ Calipers!

I want some new rotors like Brembo for instance, and also some pads. My question is do I also need new calipers that will work with the Brembo rotors or can I keep the stock ones? Someone told me I'd have to replace my calipers as well but I haven't heard people doing that in this forum.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
If you get a big brake kit from brembo, or wilwood, then those kits come with over sized calipers with 2,4 or 6 pistons to accomadate for the kits, but anything else, no you dont need new calipers. I wouldnt even know where you would buy them.

But if you buy brembo rotors, either the OEM ones, or drilled and slotted ones, you just keep using your stock calipers. Even with the AEM Big brake kit, it just uses your stock calipers with relocation kits forn them.
Old 09-05-2004
Pimp My Ride!! Please!

That's what I thought but I just wanted to ask. This guy I know thinks he knows everything. Ha! I mention something about upgrading my car and he always shoots it down or says "that's junk" or something to that effect. It's best I just don't say what I am doing to it and leave it alone. You think I'd learn. Some people's opinions just don't matter.

Thanks again!

p.s. Where is the best place to buy the Brembo rotors and a good set of pads? I was just curious where most of you guys do your shopping for this kind of stuff. My current OEM rotors are trashed and I need to do something soon. I want to replace my rotors and pads with something that actually stops you car. The OEM stuff on our cars isn't that good. Can I just go to Pepboys or something or do you need to get Brembo online?
Old 09-05-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I got my pads and rotors from www.tirerack.com I get them there because if I order on a monday or something, I get them on tuesday because they ship them to me from there louisiana warehouse which I like.

But there are other places where the brembo rotors are cheaper like www.importrp.com
Old 09-05-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VTEC01EX is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got my Brembos and pads from ImportRP.com. Shoot Jeff an email at sales@importrp.com. I couldn't be happier with them - super friendly, fast shipping, and great stuff fo' cheap.
Old 09-05-2004
Pimp My Ride!! Please!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did ya pay? I am looking at some now on Ebay after shipping will be only $95 for the set.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by UltimateWarrior
If you don't mind me asking, how much did ya pay? I am looking at some now on Ebay after shipping will be only $95 for the set.

Thanks
do not get rotors from ebay!!! Plain and simple. those arent genuine brembo drilled rotors. Those are either OEM rotors or Brembo blanks thats were drilled by third party companies. And they wont last a good amount of time. Besides you are better off with brembo blanks.

I paid $41 for each rotor, plus $11 or so for shipping. And about $50 or so for the pads with $8 shipping.
Old 09-05-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VTEC01EX is an unknown quantity at this point
I paid, if I remember correctly, $29 a rotor, and the pad set was $40 or so. It was $120 shipped from Washington to Ohio for the pads and rotors. Not bad - I believe Tire Rack wanted $50/piece just for the rotors, and shipping was more.
Old 09-05-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by VTEC01EX
I paid, if I remember correctly, $29 a rotor, and the pad set was $40 or so. It was $120 shipped from Washington to Ohio for the pads and rotors. Not bad - I believe Tire Rack wanted $50/piece just for the rotors, and shipping was more.
see I would go through them, but tirerack has excellent customer service and I get my parts the next day.
Old 09-06-2004
Pimp My Ride!! Please!

Ok, thanks. But I don't see the Hawk pads on that side.