Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

17" all season tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004
Proud to be a civic owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
17" all season tires

Just want to get some opinion from you guys about putting 17" all season tires on a civic 02 sedan.
if i have the 17" dunlop/yokohama all season tires, is it bad to drive it in the winter in chicago? is it better to change to my original 15" in winter? the gas mileage will be affected too? lower mileage?

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
For bad winter weather the winter tires will be better than all season. So if it gets really bad I would go with the 15's.
Old 07-14-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Salt trashes rims. Which is why you won't see too many people rolling aftermarket rims (unless they're cheap ****) in the winter.
On the other hand, its more beneficial to have a thinner tire in the winter because when it snows, the tire has less **** to push out of the way.
Old 07-14-2004
Registered!!

Civictuner04 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea just get ur aftermarket 17's with some decent performance tires and then get ur old steelies equipped with some nice winter or just allseason tires. It will save ur wheels and make things a little safer during those chicago winters.