Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

just got an 07 si and...

Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12a.m._si is an unknown quantity at this point
just got an 07 si and...

i was wondering how i should go about getting it breathing a little better. interested in cold air intake and exhaust first and foremost. feel free to comment. ive never put performance parts on any of my previously owned vehicles so im going to need some help on this one. thanks.
Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

Re: just got an 07 si and...

anyone interested in helping me out??
Old 05-30-2007
Registered!!

mikenam is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah intake header exhaust. maybe a turbo or supercharger if one is made for the car.

just seems like a question every one should know the answer to.

anyways good luck.
Old 05-30-2007
Registered!!

great thanx alot man.

what are you driving? any mods/pics?
Old 06-13-2007
Registered!!

gasaholic is an unknown quantity at this point

Just be carefule if you go forced induction and makes sure to research the parts being used and find a good tuner to work on it unless you are planning on teaching yourself to tune. As for reg. NA boltons i would not waist too much money getting things like headers and full cat back exhaust unless you plan on doing a supercharger which I do not know that they even make yet. reason I say this is becuase with the small power gains you will actually get to the wheels it is a huge waist of money.

Last edited by gasaholic; 06-13-2007 at 08:18 PM. Reason: change word
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gasaholic
Just be carefule if you go forced induction and makes sure to research the parts being used and find a good tuner to work on it unless you are planning on teaching yourself to tune. As for reg. NA boltons i would not waist too much money getting things like headers and full cat back exhaust unless you plan on doing a supercharger which I do not know that they even make yet. reason I say this is becuase with the small power gains you will actually get to the wheels it is a huge waist of money.
thats where i would have to totally disagree with you. You're being confused with a Kseries motor and a D series motor. Bolts on for a D series is a waste of money, but on a K series it is very beneficial and will give significant gains. A stock k20a2 will put down roughly 170 -180 to the wheel stock. a simple intake, race header, exhaust will put in within the range of 207whp give or take a few. With Tuning and KPRO, you're looking at more horse power to the wheels.

Putting on simple bolts on such as an intake, header, exhaust, new intake manifold, cams, kpro and etc. will yield significant gains and is good enough for the money. They really ahven't figured how to use kpro on the k20z3 yet though, but in time hondata will do it.
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

Originally Posted by gasaholic
It all depends on what kit you go with as far as the k20z3 is concerned. For instance, the greddy kit is safe, and yields garbage results (when compared to others). Then there's the AJP kit that boasts 376whp on 8.5 psi with the stage 2 kit (which is a minor upgrade from the original kit). That thing is a beast. The only problem is, with high power comes high problems. The kit is fickle as hell and it doesn't help that there is no tuning for the car yet, just reflashes from hondata. If you try to up the boost past (I think) 9psi it will cut it.. It also has to be installed just right or it has problems like no other. Another thing to think about with the ajp kit is the fact that if you get the stage 1 kit it doesn't come with everything that the reflash says is required for it to run properly (just bad stuff on alljaps part), so it will cost a bit more money.

The k20z3 is a serious motor with a lot of potential, but without tuning capabilities I wouldn't go f/i yet. My best friend has an ajp stage 2 fg2 and he's had quite a bit of problems because it can't be tuned and the reflash just isn't up to par.. it was done in Fla at a different elevation, under different circumstances, with a different setup (things like a different intake w/ different placement of the MAF), etc. etc..

But, for what it's worth, I think the last I heard was AllJapPerformance laid down some 500-600 whp on stock internals with their stage 2 kit and a "special" reflash with no boost cut. They've been running it at the track here and there and haven't popped yet. yet.

[edit]
Like the person above me said, simple bolt ons will yield fantastic results when compared to the d17's of the 7th gens. Also, Jackson Racing and Comptech have both released superchargers for the fg2. Hell, when comptech released theirs it was even covered under warranty at a few honda dealerships (that were at one time listed on comptechs website), but that was before they shut down.

But, a little interesting side note to comptech shutting down.. they not too long ago had the icebox for the fg2 carb approved, pretty good for a company that is no more.

Last edited by firmhonda; 06-19-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

gasaholic is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that it is all relative to opinions. In my opinion the amount of power for 2 k plus in total NA mods is not worth it. I know you may be able to get better deals, but I am being generic. For some people that amount of power gain is something worth while. But in my opinion, it is not. You have to take that for what it is worth considering this is my first time round with the k series and I have not had experience with anything in the past 3 years other than a boosted 2JZ. Now you cannot even compare the d series with the kseries. The only dyno graphs that I have seen have not shown those kind of numbers from those mods. I am still new to the civic and the forums centered around them though so maybe I am just not finding them yet. The one dyno sheet that I have recently seen put the Si at about 187 to the wheels which I was very impressed with. Of course this could vary on different dynos and parts of the country car would be dynoed in but still impressed me. I do have a buddy that is pretty knowledgable on Hondas in general and he was stating to me that the Hondata reflash could increase about 20 horse. I have not looked into this but that would be an option that I would suggest to anyone looking for a na mod.
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

^^ so u really arent helping lol. $2k is 1/4 way to a nice turbo set up. what kind of gains do u expect from bolt ons? u cant exactly put an intake and exhaust on a car and expect 200hp gain. u have to think realistic!

but intake/header/exhaust is a nice stepping stone to spend more money. but honestly (not trying to tell u to leave or nething) it be more beneficial to check out other forums for 8th gens. im sure there are many more reviews and threads that can help you determine what brands and products you wuld like to use. i havent seen much but 7th gen stuff here lol
maybe u could report back!
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

It probably would be better to check out another forum for 8th gens for more info.. I would suggest 8thcivic.com or fgcoupe.com.

I'm a member over @ 8thcivic.com and I love it there. I was originally planning on getting an fg2 but decided to return to college instead.. in turn I just ended up being a post ***** over there learning as much as I possibly could along the way.

As for your bolt ons and staying n/a thing, I would say to go with an i/rh/e setup with the hondata reflash. You'll probably end up somewhere in the 200whp range with setup, which is roughly an average of 21 whp gain. Most si's that I've seen have dyno'd out around 179-181, but there are those freak engines out there.

The main problem that you're going to run into (as I stated before) is lack of tuning capabilities. Hondata k-pro can yield awesome results when it actually exists for your motor.. but right now hondata only has a reflash with smooths out your vtec engagement and drops it to 4.5k I believe.. it pretty much just gets rid of the fanboi vtec kick and turns it into a more useable power range. There have been rumors of kpro being released for the k20z3 any time now, but there have also been people saying that it won't be released until next year.. it even seems as if every worker @ hondata doesn't even know wtf they are talking about, as they give out completely different dates every time they are contacted. The main problem that they are having is the dbw throttle system, from what I understand.. I've heard that someone has changed out the throttle body (etc) with a k20a2 and swapped out ecm's just so they could use kpro, but have yet to hear that from the horses mouth.

Hope to see you over @ 8thcivic man, it's a good site with good people. Of course there are a couple of annoying little fanbois over there (as with any forum), but all in all it's a pretty informative site if you talk to the right people.
Old 06-19-2007
Registered!!

Oh, I also wanted to drop this link for you so that you could check it out for yourself.

http://hondata.com/reflash_06_civicsi.html

It's required to have an intake, race header*, and exhaust for the reflash to be fully benificial.

*IMO you shouldn't pick up a dc sports race header for your car, I've heard several horror stories about them being pieces of crap and have yet to talk to a single person that stood by them as being a good product. Of course, this is just my opinion from talking with people. Feel free to ignore me on that.. some people think dc is a great company.
Old 06-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

^^ thats some cool stuff
Old 06-20-2007
Registered!!

Yeah, here's a good link to a review of the hondata reflash

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8462
Old 11-24-2007
Registered!!

GDOG5149 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just drop a K&N air filter in or a cold air system. If you dump a ton of money in to the car to do a bunch of risky / stupid mods you will never get that money back! Turbo with 11:1 compression ratio is almost certain motor failure!
G