Heald college

Old 04-30-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
Heald college

Has anyone here been to Heald college? What do you guys think of it? It is worth it spending 22 thousand for 18 months? I want some inside from you guys, because i'm heading there on july and start my semeter there. I was thinking it is worth the money because now i not doing good in college. Should i go or not? Some people telling to go it good for my field and some people said it too much money and not worth 22gs to get AA and you can't find job in you field.Right now i don't know should i spend 22g for 18 months.
Old 05-01-2004
Registered!!

Pibe54 is an unknown quantity at this point
I went through the same thing a couple months ago. I graduated with a 3.0 in high school but when i went to community college and it sucked. I got sick of it and decided to check out hands on schools. I checked out Heald, University of Phoenix, and Devry. Heald is a front. Basically if they get you a 12 dollar job they have done their job. And you will most lkely transfer to Devry to get your bachelors degree. University of Phoenix seems ok, but for some reason i didn't trust them at all. Devry offers you a bachelors degree and lets you dress comfortably. I have been at devry for 3 months now and im almost getting straight A's. Its really easy for me, but i can also see that i dont belong their. All the people their make excuses, show up late, are lazy, dont want to do work and always get away with it. If you can do A LOT of easy work that will keep you busy, stay motivated, and organized i think Devry is the best way to go. A friend of mine recently graduated from devry and she was offered a 40,000 dollar job. She turned it down so she can get her masters. I will graduate in two years because i completed a few classes at community college. Good luck with your decision and sorry for the long post imp:
Old 05-01-2004
Registered!!

Thanks for the info Pibe54 i will go check out devry. I just woundering how much dose devry cost? If i planning to go devry is there any bart that go near the school? can you give me more inside of devry? thanks
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

Devry is really expensive because they offer a bachelors degree and not just an AA. I took out loans to pay it and i dont have to start paying till schools done. Its like 5000 a semester and their are 3 in one year. Only go to Devry if your serious about doing good in school because I see a lot of people their cutting classes and have a dont care attitude. Basically, all the money down the drain. Remember though, every counselor you meet is bullshitting a lot because they are trying to sell you the school so dont believe everything they say. The main reason i like Devry is because they give a lot of work and the grades aren't based on just one test like at my old community college. Their is a campus in San Francisco and in Fremont. I go to fremont.
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

DexMan is an unknown quantity at this point
I am going there right now. I know that it is a lot of money but then it is worth it. There are alot of people here, that say they went to commun. college, they didn't like it that much. Becaue they went there for like 3 years and still didnt have their AA.

Bee
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

yea thats wat happened to me, i only went for two but some classes transferred so i will only be at devry for my bachelors for two years. I called my friend who goes to heald to see what she think about it. She says its easy but only go their if its for hospital related cause thats an easy way to get in.
Old 05-06-2004
Registered!!

How many years to get your bachelors at devry? It is hard? i'm not good with math and english like grammer etc. soo.. do you think i can handle the works? Do they teach you from level like basic english and math?

Last edited by 03CivicEX03; 05-06-2004 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-07-2004
Registered!!

I think its really easy, but its a lot of easy work that takes away a lot of your time. Most of them are from 2 and a half years to 3 years for a bachelors. Lots of group work and presentations. So far i think its easier then high school. Community college is harder and they teach same classes.
Old 05-08-2004
Registered!!

AutoK20A3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Heald college

Originally posted by 03CivicEX03
Has anyone here been to Heald college? What do you guys think of it? It is worth it spending 22 thousand for 18 months? I want some inside from you guys, because i'm heading there on july and start my semeter there. I was thinking it is worth the money because now i not doing good in college. Should i go or not? Some people telling to go it good for my field and some people said it too much money and not worth 22gs to get AA and you can't find job in you field.Right now i don't know should i spend 22g for 18 months.
I went to that school, and I LOVED it! It was the best career choice I had ever made. I went through their core program, MCSE 2K, and their Cisco CCNA program. I have learned so much, and am happily employeed for over two years making decent money. If you starting to learn technology and want to jump in the wave of technology, then this school is for you. When I started going to that school, I barely knew how to turn a computer on.

I am currently going to the University of Phoenix, and to be honest, it sucks BIG time! I would rather go to Chapman or DeVry if I had to choose again, but I am already more than half way done with my bachelor's degree. The learning teams suck and their overall teaching delivery sucks! And most of all, the costs suck!

I wish Heald had a bachelor's program. I would become more than happy to go. Heald is a good school that takes care of their students. University of Phoenix sucks! Sorry for the long post! Good luck!
Old 05-08-2004
Registered!!

Yea, i would of picked heald if it offered bachelors because i saw so many fine girls. I think Devry is the best choice because you wont have to deal with transferring and you will be use to the environment and way things run on the campus.
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

Sup,
I went to devry today for more information and i like the school is pretty cool. On next monday I'm going back to take some kind of test to order to get in the school. What kind of test do they offer? Hey pibe you live in S.F right? How did you get from there to fremont by driving?
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

Study for the test, could save you thousands of dollars. They make it easy enough so you pass, but hard enough so that you dont get a perfect score. I didn't study and passed but they tried to make me start from the intermediate courses. I had already taken them at my community college so eventually didn't have to take em anyways. Yea i drive everyday, its a bitch. I had to sell my chrome rims to because of the weight. Need to save gas as mush as possible. The tests determine where you start at.
Old 05-11-2004
Registered!!

Man, if i starting to go therre hmm.. $2 everyday for toll crossing the dumbarton bridge geez... i be broke everyweek!. Is the school everyday basic like daily classes?
Old 05-14-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
dont
Old 06-30-2004
Registered!!

518 is on a distinguished road
I used to go to University of Phoenix. They really suck on teaching. If I were the HR and see the UoP on their resume, its going to the bottom of the pile right away.

The way UoP sets up the class is like being in an Alcoholic Anonymous Class. They said one day a week and 2 days a week to meet with the group. I have no problem with group effort. But most of the team members in the group is not on the field yet, the guy who's in the field will going to end up the guy tutoring them. It happened to me where most of them are not in the IT field. I've had enough for one semester and left.

Devry University...hmmm.

Just like UoP but only better for in-class teaching. DU used to be good in hands-on but since they are now a University, they have less hands-on and more in-class teaching. A lot of people think they can finish early in Devry. Dont they advertise 3 years? Well, if you go to community college for a 1-1/2 and get your AA, then move to State University for another 1-1/2, then you will be finished in 3 years with only $3,000 in debt. How does State University does it? State University, Cal State for example, do it quarterly. Thus, you can finish less than 4 years including your time in community college.

I'm still in Devry. Why did I go?

1. Two years ago, they were still a hands-on school. Not anymore.
2. I hate spending time just to look for a parking spot in a State Uni.
3. I am on the IT field already and just wants the paper.
4. Then I found out that a letter grade A is very common without any hassles like a State University does.

UoP, Devry Uni., University of La Verne, University of Redlands are all the same. They want your, our money. They are advisable for the people who are already on the field and not a HS graduate.

Heald College, in my opinion, is better than those above schools. Heald college are hands-on but you only get an AA. If you are a type of person who doesnt wanna deal with the State Uni hassles, then join Heald College to learn a lot. Finally, transfer to Devry to get the Bachelors.

But I wouldnt send my kids to those schools mentioned. Maybe Heald College.

http://joz3d.net/html/devry.html
Old 07-20-2009
Registered!!

WeeWoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I go to heald college right now. I love it. It is expensive but it is worth it. I have been going here for 5 semesters now and i am currently in a Graduation project planning class that i have to go to business's to find internships. I have talked to many Hiring manager's and have been told that whenever they see on a resume that someone has gone to Heald college they immediately want to talk to this person because they know that Heald has great teachers. The thing i love about it is that the teachers KNOW what they are talking about and their career service's helps find jobs if you need it instead of just SAYING they will. I really love the campus and of course all tha hot nursing chicks on campus.

My dad went here 10 years ago today and now is a Manager of administrators (all administrators in the company) at another college. He is making easily over 100g's a year. I think that 22g's is definately worth coming because you actually learn what your doing. And that proves it right there.
Old 07-20-2009
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

wow...