Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Your answer may be here! TSB / Honda Complaint Address / Etc...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003
My Baby Daddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PlasmaGT is on a distinguished road
Hopefully one of you guys can help me out I was talking to the service guy at my local dealership about the vibrations I get in the rain. I gave him the number listed above(sb631006-sb631014), but he said that it isn't a Honda TSB number. It looks like it is a NHTSA.com number. Does anyone know what the Honda number is?
Old 11-13-2003
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by PlasmaGT
Hopefully one of you guys can help me out I was talking to the service guy at my local dealership about the vibrations I get in the rain. I gave him the number listed above(sb631006-sb631014), but he said that it isn't a Honda TSB number. It looks like it is a NHTSA.com number. Does anyone know what the Honda number is?
Print this out: http://www.nhtsa.gov/TSBScans/sb631006-sb631014.pdf and show it to him. It's not the actual TSB, but there there is a short paragraph telling dealers how to solve this problem.
Old 11-13-2003
My Baby Daddy

Originally posted by Ronin
Print this out: http://www.nhtsa.gov/TSBScans/sb631006-sb631014.pdf and show it to him. It's not the actual TSB, but there there is a short paragraph telling dealers how to solve this problem.
Yeah, I actually faxed that over to them. They told me that since that only applies to 2001 civics(mine is an '02), they would have to diagnose the problem in my car specifically before they did any work. I also faxed over the TSB about the door panel rattles, and they said the same thing. Fortunately my car is still under warranty, so I shouldn't have any problems.
Old 11-29-2003
Registered!!

LuckyCharms is an unknown quantity at this point
This is what I'm using for my recalls-

http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/M...tep2.15.Honda*
Old 12-24-2003
My Baby Daddy

UPDATE:

Just to follow up. Honda fixed both the rain vibration (B-pipe) and the door panel rattles
Old 12-29-2003

GreenNVicious can only hope to improve
00-012 JUN 01 A/T - Harsh Shifts/Stays in 1st Gear

Thats my problem in my 01 civic right now, its not shifting into 2nd+ gear, what can i do about it if my car isnt under warranty
Old 01-02-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't let the Ford people knoiw this-

Originally posted by HondaLuver
dam, i didn't know that much stuff was wrong with my car... don't let the ford people know this!!!!
It's Coold man, I'm and old Ford guy myself and I'm still a lover of my Civic regaurdless. I do hate that CEL light though- Ive turned it off a hundred times, even got a O2 Sim ulator and nothing -what works for you all?
Old 01-30-2004
Registered!!

civicfreak84 is an unknown quantity at this point
HEY THIS IS AWESOME. BEFORE I WOULD TAKE IT TO THE DEALER AND THEY WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO(OBVIOUSLY THEY HATE DOING WORK)
Old 02-07-2004
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
I'm at honda right now. I have the suspension problem, do I have to print out the TSB for them to do it for free? Also, can someone please send me the link to that one, cause I only have it linked at home. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2004
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
Found the link; nevermind.
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

thirdhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't forget: TSBs only work for certain cars

For example, the 2nd gear TSB (popping out, grinding, whatever) only works for 2001. If you own a 2002 or 2003, forget about it, this thread won't help you.
Old 02-23-2004
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
any problem within 3 year of purchase will be fixed free of charge...just go to the dealer with empty hands.
Old 02-23-2004
My Baby Daddy

Re: Don't forget: TSBs only work for certain cars

Originally posted by thirdhonda
For example, the 2nd gear TSB (popping out, grinding, whatever) only works for 2001. If you own a 2002 or 2003, forget about it, this thread won't help you.
Not really. If you read my posts in this thread you can see that I was having a problem that was listed for a 2001(Rain Vibration) while I drive a 2002. I used the information found here to get my car fixed for free. So this thread helped me a lot
Old 02-24-2004
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
don't even need TSB

Originally posted by orion_squall
any problem within 3 year of purchase will be fixed free of charge...just go to the dealer with empty hands.
they will just have fix anything within 60k/3 years
Old 02-25-2004
Registered!!

Re: Re: Don't forget: TSBs only work for certain cars

Originally posted by PlasmaGT
Not really. If you read my posts in this thread you can see that I was having a problem that was listed for a 2001(Rain Vibration) while I drive a 2002. I used the information found here to get my car fixed for free. So this thread helped me a lot
Awesome, I'm glad this thread helped, but many of the posts on this site imply that the TSB is automatic, and judging from my own experience (and the threads on unresponsive dealers), any dealer can just say "no". The same goes for any warranty work: if you think otherwise, then please explain why so many folks write in about dealers who couldn't (or wouldn't) diagnose a problem.

I've been to three dealers about my 2nd gear issue, and I brought the TSB each time: all of them, including the one I bought it from, have said "what problem?" If you search this forum, you'll see that there is a new 2nd gear post every month, and many say that the dealer couldn't replicate it. I doubt that every one of those cars has suffered from abuse.

It does seem, however, that if your car is covered by a TSB, then it is automatically fixed, which is why I wish that Honda would issue a tranny TSB for 2002s and 2003s. The only way this will happen is if enough people complain to their dealers. Honda's only incentive for issuing a TSB is to satisfy their dealers, not us, because a dealer will only be compensated by Honda for warranty work if it is approved by Honda -- that's why they agree to fix TSB issues so readily.

Alright, I'm off the soapbox.
Old 03-03-2004
Registered!!

buckycheer is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey how can i find out if my warranty expired
Old 03-05-2004
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Bumber to bumper is 3 yrs or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.

And main engine components is 5 yrs or 60,000 miles, I think.
Old 03-06-2004
Registered!!

Pibe54 is an unknown quantity at this point
my car rattles a lot, the other day i took it in to get it fixed, he said leave it overnight to get fixed. next day i showed up, nothing was done. they said they could't find the wheel lock so they did nothing even though they rotated tires week before. i took it back week later, they said they fixed it but still rattling. So far ive had something done to back passenger side for rattling and the interior break light fixed but they still rattle. im writing a letter to honda but my 3 years is almost up.

Basically what im trying to get at is. do i just print this out

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/24/012436AJ.html

go to the honda dealer and tell them to fix everything on the list. sorry to sound stupid buy im going tomorrow. feel free to tell me what to say even if its in quotes.
Old 03-06-2004
Registered!!

Pibe54 is an unknown quantity at this point
oh yea, my car is 2001 automatic lx with 34 thousand miles, only have 17" chrome rims and aem short ram intake. i will let u guys know what happens thanks 7th gen membs
Old 03-08-2004
Registered!!

Printing out that page _might_ work if the dealer is really helpful, but usually when folks talk about TSBs around here they mean the actual TSB itself, and what you found was only a list. Last time I checked, Honda and BMW were the only two companies that prevented Alldata from selling the individual TSBs (which you could print out).

Or, you could try checking NHTSA's website, because for a while they were posting PDF scans of Honda TSBs for free, but then they stopped (which is cr*p, because they are a federal agency, and they want to charge more for a single TSB than Alldata does for all of them. Why can't they just keeping scanning them like they used to????). If anyone in the DC area has time to go to NHTSA's "reading room", you could print out any TSB you wanted for free . . .and then post them here

According to NHTSA:
All can be viewed and/or copied during our public hours of 9:30 A.M. - 4:00 PM. The Reading Room is in Room 5110 at 400 7th St., S.W., Washington, DC.
Old 03-10-2004
Registered!!

draganjr is an unknown quantity at this point
MY CAR WHEN I BACK UP MAKES A POPPING NOISE BUT THERE IS NO TSB FOR IF THAT I SAW......
ITS NOT THE SUSPINSION (SPELLING) BECAUSE IT HAPPENS WHEN I BACK START UP AND WHEN I APPLY SOME BRAKE!

HELP!

THANK YOU!
Old 03-14-2004
Registered!!

etdigitalis should not be trusted
I wouldn't rule out the suspension... the slightest shift in weight (ie starting/stopping) can put a strain on your springs.

What model year do you have?
Originally posted by draganjr
MY CAR WHEN I BACK UP MAKES A POPPING NOISE BUT THERE IS NO TSB FOR IF THAT I SAW......
ITS NOT THE SUSPINSION (SPELLING) BECAUSE IT HAPPENS WHEN I BACK START UP AND WHEN I APPLY SOME BRAKE!
Old 07-13-2004
Registered!!

civic2uner is on a distinguished road
so what if my car is out of warrenty? i have the front spring prolbem. do i call honda?
Old 08-02-2004
bel
Registered!!

bel is an unknown quantity at this point
Stiff steering!!!!!!!!!!!

glad to see dis post!!! been trying 2 figure out da problem of my steering being STIFF , until i found dis thread, thanks guys!!! got an 03 Ex Sedan to get fix to the dealer ASAP. my only issue wud be i modified the my car wid lowering springs n a short ram ntake, wud my Warranty still be honored????
Old 10-03-2004
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
I will host. just send me files!!
i have a large web server dedicated to my 7thgen honda. i willh ost ALL of these publicly. all you need to do is get them to me and i willh ost for allyof you

blueinfinity@paradoxblue.net emailt hem there (include the year adn descriptions o ic an add properly.) or msn me at the same addy and u can transfer them thanks!

Last edited by paradoxblue; 10-03-2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I thought they were working?? Let's see if I have any on my comp...
Old 10-13-2004
Registered!!

Jeff B has a little shameless behaviour in the past
So is this web site gonna come back up soon? ...?
Old 10-20-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I have some adobe acrobat files on select issues. If someone can host the files, I can send them to you on AIM.
Old 11-06-2004
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
if anyone has the door rattle file id love to have it
aim-againifall
email-againifall@gmail.com
Old 11-06-2004
Premium Member

I'll send it to you.

Quick Reply: Your answer may be here! TSB / Honda Complaint Address / Etc...