Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

clutch problem

Old 10-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silversleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch problem

lately ive noticed that when, from a stop, i begin to move in first gear, while releasing the clutch the idle tends to wana drop dramatically. the clutch engages/disengages farther away from the ground than it used to. and when its just about to release, it seems like it wants to stall the motor. i have to rev more to keep everything smooth. this really becomes a problem going uphill. i fear my clutch will need replacement soon. i only have about 9500 miles. i dont race much, havent even been to the track yet. has the clutch self-adjusted itself or something? need some opinions.
Old 10-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
solar is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you give it a little gas as you let out the clutch, or do you just slowly let the clutch out and then give the gas? Your problem you mentioned with the clutch engaging farther from the floor than it used to is normal. Everyone I've talk to on this site mentioned the same thing. There is no adjustment on the clutch itself, the only adjustment is the clutch pedal height but it won't change the performance of your clutch. I also have 10,000 miles on my car, and the clutch is the same way.