Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

How Come My God Darn Car Look Like This?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HuntinFishinMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation How Come My God Darn Car Look Like This?

The rear wheels are like / \

how can i fix this myselfs?

Name:  cd7RqkF.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  98.7 KB
Old 04-20-2017
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How Come My God Darn Car Look Like This?

Was it in an accident?! What did you do to it?
If that car isn't lowered, getting it checked out at a body shop would be a good idea. It needs an alignment at the LEAST, and that's if they don't find any damage.
If the car WAS lowered (i.e. shorter springs) and NOT in an accident, you need a camber kit and an alignment. Or go back to stock shocks and get an alignment.
Also, a new bumper. That *** looks like ***.
Old 04-21-2017
Registered!!

5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough5.0Thunder is a jewel in the rough

Looks too symmetric to be from an accident, although the missing bumper could tell a different story. I'm going to guess it needs some sort of camber "links" or bushings, not knowing anything about the rear suspension on these cars.
Old 04-21-2017
Registered!!

HuntinFishinMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poopies
Was it in an accident?! What did you do to it?
If that car isn't lowered, getting it checked out at a body shop would be a good idea. It needs an alignment at the LEAST, and that's if they don't find any damage.
If the car WAS lowered (i.e. shorter springs) and NOT in an accident, you need a camber kit and an alignment. Or go back to stock shocks and get an alignment.
Also, a new bumper. That *** looks like ***.
It hasn't been lowered and as far as I know it hasn't been in an accident. Well, I crashed it last week and tore the bumper off but the wheels were already sitting crossed like that. Pretty sure it was like that when I bought it, 2 years ago.

AFAIK everything is stock. I did replace the spring/shocks with junkyard replacements that looked relatively new, I just assumed they were stock.

I'm cheap as hell so I'll probably just look on here to find a way to adjust the camber myself.

Thanks for your input Poopy
Old 04-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HuntinFishinMan
I'm cheap as hell

if that's the case then whats the problem?

if its not causing any issues while driving, leave it as is

if you are "cheap" as you said then there in no point in spending any money on this
Old 04-21-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Camber is not adjustable from the factory. You will need to buy camber arms if you want to move it (I have some for sale btw).

I would say something is wrong though since it is not normally cambered that much with factory parts.