Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Misfire/stumble once car is warmed up.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
manfredww1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Misfire/stumble once car is warmed up.

2002 Honda Civic EX 5 spd

The engine hesitates/stubble's/jerks - misfires while I am accelerating but once I let off the gas it goes away. It seems to be more frequent while I am on the freeway. It happens when the car is warmed up but I am not certain.

It is only throwing misfire codes on all four cylinders. Some posts have mentioned a bad o2 Sensor while they all seem to discount a fuel problem.
I am not showing an o2 Censor code.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Misfire/stumble once car is warmed up.

It's the driver's side axle wingnut....

JK.

Really no one will be able to tell you what it is, because it could be multiple issues.
You will need to figure out what the issue is.

-Start by checking all fuses and grounds (this will probably not fix the issue but it is easy and dummy checks the systems).

-write down your codes

-reset the ecu

-take it for a rip keep trake of how it drives until you see the codes come back.

-pull the plugs and look for problems (corroded plugs, wrong plugs, oil in cylinders)
-also look at the coolant system and see if it is low and leaking into the cylinders.

....those check you can do with cheap tools and little to no experience over the weekend.

-Then check the timing, or get someone to check the timing.

If all looks well at that point you are looking at

lack of air, fuel or spark at the right moment. (probably not air since that would cause a no start issue).

You'll have to check how strong the spark is, compression, if fuel is getting to the rail in the right amount, injector pulse.

Good luck.