Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w714icked is an unknown quantity at this point
Help

So I was helping my son changing a head gasket it's a 2001 Honda Civic 1.7 D17A2 everything went good until we turn the engine on to check it and I heard some weird noise on the valves I open the oil cap and saw one of the valves was not moving like the other ones. what do I have to do now? Also I took the head to a shop to get it resurface and they installed new valve seals any advice is greatly appreciated it

Last edited by w714icked; 12-09-2016 at 05:18 PM. Reason: I didn't post the make and model of car
Old 12-09-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help

What "parts and products" are you posting for Help with? LOL

What kind of car are you working on?
Does it have 4 wheels? (all cars with 4 wheels are the same, you know!)
Year, model, trim level, engine size, type, and code

The machine shop probably took the entire head apart. Did you reassemble the entire head correctly before installation, or are you trusting someone there did it correctly?

Did you adjust the valve lash to correct specs?

Remove valve cover and adjust valves if you need to.

While you are in the process of adjusting the valves, you will be rotating the crankshaft. WATCH ALL of the intake valves as you spin the engine by hand. Are there any other valves that act the same as the one you could see through the oil cap hole?
Old 12-09-2016
Registered!!

Yes I did adjusts the valves to the correct settings using the manual
Old 12-09-2016
Registered!!

I'm going to take the valve cover off again and check all the valves this weekend
Old 12-09-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Thread moved.

With VTEC the cam has dual intake lobe profiles: one profile has very low valve lift and the other has higher lift. Could this be what you noticed?