Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Squeaking issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shaejb15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Squeaking issue

So I had two of my lug nuts break recently so the tire shop replaced them. They had the car for a few days because they said it was deeply rusted and it was a hard car to replace lug nuts on ('02 EM2). In the end they said they replaced the wheel bearings free of charge as it was the only way they could replace the lug nuts. Anyways, right after they worked on it I heard some weird friction noise when I put my foot on the brake I would hear something that sounded out of place or rubbing against something. Within a few days after their service my civic would have a loud screeching noise for about 30 seconds and it wore off. Just driving, without foot on the brakes. Brought it back and they said there was a pebble stuck between the back plate and something else. Picked it up and still doing the same thing. What should I do now? Not going back there for sure, but what could be the possible issues after they fixed that??
Old 11-14-2016
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Squeaking issue

i hate to even ask but.......

what caused the lug nuts to break in the first place?

this shop seems to be feeding you more BS then a cow field,

i highly doubt they would give you two free wheel bearings at at least $50 bucks a pop,

what did they end up charging you for all this?
Old 11-14-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mikey1
i hate to even ask but.......

what caused the lug nuts to break in the first place?

this shop seems to be feeding you more BS then a cow field,

i highly doubt they would give you two free wheel bearings at at least $50 bucks a pop,

what did they end up charging you for all this?
It was all free of charge cause they over torqued my lug nuts causing like 3 or 4 to break. Just this whole brake thing is pissing me off
Old 11-14-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Return to the shop. Maybe they aren't done yet.
Maybe it is due for a brake job (wear indicator squeal), and if it is they should have let you know that when they last saw the car.
Old 11-14-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Return to the shop. Maybe they aren't done yet.
Maybe it is due for a brake job (wear indicator squeal), and if it is they should have let you know that when they last saw the car.
Car supposedly had lots of brake pad left. Doesnt make sense right after they fixed the car its squeaking. Any possibilities?
Old 11-14-2016
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

they bent the backing plate and its rubbing on the rotor?
something else is caught in the pads or drums?

if you dont want to look yourself take it back to the shop, make them take a test drive with you and show them the noise