Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Car stalls at stop

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wreckless17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Car stalls at stop

I have an 05 civic the car will not idle on its own any time you come to a stop or when u start it up it will stall out. If u keep the rpms up with the accelerator it wont stall it drives fine if you can drive with 2 feet. I get a check engine light with a code of p1129 map voltage to high. Ive change the map changed the iac changed thermostat and radiator cap because the was no coolant getting to iac due to broken cap and stuck shut thermostat i changed spark plugs and cleaned throtle body and tested ignition switch was thinking maybe timeing belt jumped a tooth is that possible? thank you for any advice given

Last edited by wreckless17; 10-20-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-20-2016
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Car stalls at stop

Originally Posted by wreckless17
I have an 05 civic the car will not idle on its own any time you come to a stop or when u start it up it will stall out. If u keep the rpms up with the accelerator it wont stall it drives fine if you can drive with 2 feet. I get a check engine light with a code of p1129 map voltage to high. Ive change the map changed the iac changed thermostat and radiator cap because the was no coolant getting to iac due to broken cap and stuck shut thermostat i changed spark plugs and cleaned throtle body and tested ignition switch was thinking maybe timeing belt jumped a tooth is that possible? thank you for any advice given
Possibly water in gas? Did you fill up shortly before this started happening?
Maybe fuel pump or fuel filter issue. Test fuel pressure.
Stuck shut thermostat? Did it ever overheat? Did you replace the thermostat?

Remove valve cover, set first piston to TDC and check alignment marks on back of cam, timing belt cover and crank pulley mark to check mechanical timing.
Old 10-21-2016
Registered!!

see it never overheated maybe wasnt completly shut more of a lazy thermostat i checked the marks they are slightly off so im thinking thats the isue even though timing belt hadnt been serviced for a while but when i took crank pulley off i noticed there was no wodruff key
Old 10-21-2016
Registered!!

i guess it was worn away
Old 10-21-2016

Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

i guess it was worn away
Good catch.. can buy key at local dealership.
Old 10-22-2016
Registered!!

still having same problem ive now changed fuel pump assembly and still same exact problem i changed timing belt and everything is the same dies at idle well it ran god the first time i started it after changing the pump so i put everything back together and the next time i started it same exact isue
Old 10-23-2016

still having same problem ive now changed fuel pump assembly and still same exact problem i changed timing belt and everything is the same dies at idle well it ran god the first time i started it after changing the pump so i put everything back together and the next time i started it same exact isue
Did you test the fuel pressure before replacing the pump? At least unhook banjo bolt the top of the fuell filter, use something to catch fuel, and watch gas flow visually while the fuel pump is on.

Listen for fuel injectors engaging: Use a length of small diameter PVC pipe, long screw driver or an auto stethoscope while engine is running to listen to the fuel injectors engaging:

Inspect/test main relay:
Old 10-23-2016
Registered!!

What fuel filter the fuel filter is built into fuel pump assembly
Old 10-23-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

What fuel filter the fuel filter is built into fuel pump assembly
Turd has a 97, he is picturing his own car instead of an 05 car.
Old 10-23-2016

Originally Posted by ezone
Turd has a 97, he is picturing his own car instead of an 05 car.
Ooops.. you are correct Sir. My mammy has a 7th gen. but, I've never had to mess with the fuel system. Turd apologizes to OP for misinformation. However, you definitely want to test/diagnose a part first before replacing any part.