Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

04 civic ex- need pic of VTEC oil pressure switch location

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Louie Cast is an unknown quantity at this point
04 civic ex- need pic of VTEC oil pressure switch location

I live in Washington and my daughter has her Honda in Arizona, on trip down I had light come on, scanned and got code 2646-(Rocker arm oil pressure switch). Light went off but I want to replace oil pressure switch.

I cant find a picture or video on how to replace it, I want to see if it is easy enough for my daughter or one of her friends to change it. Really DO NOT pay a shop to do an easy fix.

I will continue to search the internet for pictures or video.

thanks
Old 08-19-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
re: 04 civic ex- need pic of VTEC oil pressure switch location

Can't be sure if this is the vtec or the main oil. Did not check the code, ezone might drop by to tell you.

But main oil pressure is under the intake, but above the oil filter (aka behind the engine, accessible only by under unless you remove the intake which you will need to go under to remove, so...
Old 08-20-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 04 civic ex- need pic of VTEC oil pressure switch location

It's the VTEC valves' pressure switch, it's sticking out the side of the VTEC valve.
You'll need the pressure switch, and the O ring seal for it.

First off, make sure the engine oil level is full.
Most common cause of the code is running extremely low on oil, so low the VTEC system doesn't receive enough pressure to sustain operation.

Second somewhat common cause is a restricted oil filter. I've fixed quite a few by simply spinning on a different brand filter.

General VTEC location, but the pressure switch is not in the circle, it's well below the circle:
Name:  vtecwire.jpg
Views: 21800
Size:  49.4 KB

The switch is sticking out of this valve on the right: