Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Where can we get Technical Svc Bulletins?

Old 08-15-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dosmastr is an unknown quantity at this point
Where can we get Technical Svc Bulletins?

I've got a car with over 240k miles here which is showing signs of more than a couple issues documented in TSB descriptions... but I can't find any link to download the TSB to know what to do or if a shop would be taking me for a ride.

Even the safecar.gov doesn't have the same listings I'm finding on hondaproblems.com

Last edited by dosmastr; 08-15-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-15-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where can we get Technical Svc Bulletins?

What car?
What specific problems do you have?

FYI service bulletins are not intended for the average car owner/user.
Every service bulletin has this disclaimer printed on it:

CUSTOMER INFORMATION: The information in this bulletin is intended for use only by skilled technicians who have the proper tools, equipment, and training to correctly and safely maintain your vehicle. These procedures should not be attempted by “do-it-yourselfers,” and you should not assume this bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle has the condition described. To determine whether this information applies, contact an authorized Honda automobile dealer.

For the same service info a Honda dealership has access to, you can purchase time on https://techinfo.honda.com/

You can stroll into your local public library and check, many have a subscription to Alldata or Mitchell you can use to look up the same info most independent shops use. (I can tell you those services don't always have the same info the dealership has access to.)
Old 08-16-2016
Registered!!

SUSPENSION:FRONT

Date Reported
FEBRUARY 14, 2002
NHTSA Reference
TSB Reference
Description: CUSTOMERS MAY COMPLAIN OF A TWANG NOISE FROM THE FRONT SUSPENSION THAT SOUNDS LIKE A SPRING CONTACT. *SLC

it would be nice to know if my strut mount might fail, if not is it a simple fix.

I also had the issue where wire harness C15 in the engine bay rubbed against the intake manifold bracket and made the speedo and MIL go crazy, that TSB was pretty easy for a home user to take care of. http://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-c...thing-2879452/

Last edited by dosmastr; 08-16-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-16-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

What car do you have?
Old 08-17-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
What car do you have?
98 Civic lx
Old 08-17-2016

Originally Posted by dosmastr
98 Civic lx
Under that particular year car, looking in suspension, steering, and NVH, I found no factory TSBs relevant to front struts.

HTH

Last edited by ezone; 08-17-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2016
Registered!!

?? I don't understand how that could be, this is the first result on the hondaproblems site.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	honda TSB.PNG
Views:	58
Size:	590.6 KB
ID:	88992  

Last edited by dosmastr; 08-18-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-18-2016

?? I don't understand how that could be, this is the first result on the hondaproblems site.
I found nothing listed in Hondas service website, and the bulletin numbers in your info don't appear to correlate to Hondas service bulletin numbering system.
Take a look for yourself:
https://techinfo.honda.com/

What other info does your site give?
Old 08-19-2016
Registered!!

I found nothing listed in Hondas service website, and the bulletin numbers in your info don't appear to correlate to Hondas service bulletin numbering system.
Take a look for yourself:
https://techinfo.honda.com/

Nothing else but "here is the input box to pay for more info" LOL

That said, the "thwang" is definitely there. never repeatable, rare, but definitely happens now and then. Scared the hell out of me the first time... because I HAVE had a wheel come off at highway speed (stud came free of the hub, and let the lugs wiggle off....I was just slowing down to check WTF when it happened too)
Old 08-19-2016

Nothing else but "here is the input box to pay for more info" LOL
The NHTSA site says that?

I know Hondas site expects you to pay.
Old 08-21-2016
Registered!!

The NHTSA site says that?

I know Hondas site expects you to pay.

I also couldn't find it on NHTSA even with the NHTSA number.

Old 08-21-2016
Registered!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
guitarsnlikker is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=
CUSTOMER INFORMATION: The information in this bulletin is intended for use only by skilled technicians who have the proper tools, equipment, and training to correctly and safely maintain your vehicle. )[/QUOTE]

I have yet to find a person like this at a dealership. I've been drivng for 38 years. This is one reason why my tool chest is getting filled and my you tube auto channels I subscribe too is increasing as well. I also now have more $. shocking.
Old 08-21-2016

Originally Posted by guitarsnlikker
I have yet to find a person like this at a dealership.
We are few and far between, but not impossible to find.
We aren't perfect either.