Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help;Fuel Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maldo1_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Help;Fuel Pump?

okay so I'm have some problems with my civic. I'm thinking I'm having a problem with my what is now my fuel pump motor. I recently changed out the solenoid purge valve on the charcoal canister because I got an error code p1457 hoping for the check engine light to go away. the symptoms I was getting we're some stalling at stops, bad fuel economy, jumpy rpms around 2500, jumpy rpms when accelerating, and rough idle when I put it into reverse. today I opened the up the tank to examine the pump to see that it was kind of leaking where the fuel line met the electrical plug in at the seal before you take the pump out. I inspected it to see normal wear and tear but nothing seemed to be broken. I don't know what the problem could be other than a bad pump. feedback is accepted thanks
Old 07-29-2016
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Help;Fuel Pump?

What is the history of the spark plugs? When changed and what kind? Air filter new? Any CEL with codes? What year is your Civic?

A good read on idle issues here: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...e-posting.html
Old 07-29-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maldo1_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help;Fuel Pump?

Originally Posted by NDNV
What is the history of the spark plugs? When changed and what kind? Air filter new? Any CEL with codes? What year is your Civic?

A good read on idle issues here: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...e-posting.html
just replaced the spark plugs a month ago ngk g power. as for the air filter that was changed last month as well with oil change its an 02 civic, and right now I'm not getting any CEL codes other than the p1457 that was just cleared for the solenoid purge valve I replaced