Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

OBDII and transmission codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BrettC is an unknown quantity at this point
OBDII and transmission codes

I'm going to try to get as much info in the shortest post I possibly can.
Anyways, I have a 2005 Honda Civic LX, completely stock. Automatic transmission.
Keep in mind, the car was shifting REALLY hard into 3rd gear, already. (I know, I shouldn't have driven it after that, but I had no option)
The other day, as I was driving to work, the car went into "limp home mode". I drove it 2-or so miles more, to get it out of the road, and then had it towed home.

Now, the check engine light is on, and I don't have an OBDII reader so I had to use the trusty ol' jumper from pins 4 to 9 on the OBDII connector.
Check engine light blinked and gave me code 7 (or 07, rather).
After doing a little research on that, I decided to check and make sure I read the pattern correctly. When I did it again, I noticed that the green light next to the D was blinking too. I believe that one is for the transmission specifically, right?
Assuming that it goes based on the same long flashes for the first number and short for the second, it's giving me code 41.
Haven't been able to find a definite answer on what either of these codes are.
Really just trying to get some advice.
What are the codes and what should I do about them?
Old 06-20-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: OBDII and transmission codes

some autoparts do read the codes for free
Old 06-21-2016
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light
Re: OBDII and transmission codes

Get the code checked with a scanner but most likely a transmission code based on your symptoms and the result of the jumper method you used. Best case is that it is just a faulty solenoid, switch or circuit. How many miles on the transmission?