Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Trying to replace side mirror; not sure what model I need

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rekter is an unknown quantity at this point
Trying to replace side mirror; not sure what model I need

So I shattered the driver side mirror on my 2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe. I'm trying to replace it myself, but I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out what model mirror I need. I've tried simply entering my car model, but I'm being presented with options that I'm not expecting, such as: Heated? Molded black? Body color?

I'm not sure if these options are "customizable", or whether they impact if the mirror will fit/work with my car. I also broke the plastic piece that goes around the mirror/protects the open wires, and I'm not sure if some of these options are meant to include that piece or not, as that would be ideal.

I'm looking into getting what I need from a junkyard, so I'm also wondering whether mirrors off cars from other years will also fit my car, or whether it would specifically need to be taken from another 2004 model.

For reference, here is a picture of the broken mirror without the (also broken) plastic casing/protective cover: https://i.imgur.com/D2QzUV0.jpg
Old 06-13-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Trying to replace side mirror; not sure what model I need

A new mirror will include the whole assembly including the piece that goes around the wires ad attaches to the car.

Was your mirror the same color as the car? If it was then it was body color. If not then it was molded black. Since you have an Ex it was probably body colored. Body colored will be more expensive most likely but car will look funny with one mirror painted and the other not.

Are your mirrors heated? There would be a switch for it inside the car. I think this is a Canadian thing though. You will pay extra for heated so if you don't have it get the non.

I believe 04-05 had the same mirrors.