Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

What tune up services are recommended for an 2005 honda civic ex with close to 180k m

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlowboyZ is an unknown quantity at this point
What tune up services are recommended for an 2005 honda civic ex with close to 180k m

I havent really done any major services just the front o2 sensor.

Old 05-13-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What tune up services are recommended for an 2005 honda civic ex with close to 18

It got a timing belt at 113k,
That's the only worthwhile info I saw in the carfax stuff.
Next timing belt maint I'd say do at 200k....plus the extras that go in there: the seals, the tensioner, and the water pump. It'll be ready for another 100k.

Fix broken and worn stuff as needed.
Refer to your owners manual for lists and schedules of other maintenance items. Fluids, filters, plugs, inspections, etc.

If you can't, have a trusted mechanic give it a thorough inspection so you'll (hopefully) know what other things need attention either immediately or in the near future.