Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2004 Civic EX - brake lights stay on

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gaggle is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 Civic EX - brake lights stay on

I have a 2004 Civic EX sedan that I've been running since 2004. This evening I realized that the brake lights - on both sides and the center light - stayed on after I shut down the engine and engaged both "park" and the hand brake. Assume this is a circuit problem between parking brake and the lights. How should I deal with this, apart from pulling the lights from their sockets for tonight?
Old 04-25-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2004 Civic EX - brake lights stay on

Usually a more logical explanation....Simple. Brake lights stuck on.

Maybe the rubber button fell apart and came off the brake pedal. Find the brake light switch by the brake pedal and you may find the little rubber pad missing where the plunger of the light switch makes contact with the pedal, pieces on the floor.