Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

2005 honda civic cam torque procedure

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
dsm482 has a spectacular aura aboutdsm482 has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2005 honda civic cam torque procedure

thats ok..
my update , i did oil change with 10w30 .. plus is summer..

will see, hasnt gone down much in the last week and a half..
i keep track now, millage...

I think somehow damaging my valves cause this.... I know for sure i put the seals right.. and for sure i valve adjusted to the lower limit with head off , when it was cold.. will see how it plays out...
Old 06-04-2016
Registered!!

ok, 1000 miles exactly , i burned or lost from top line of oil dipstick to bottom line... right before it goes into unacceptable range. so thats one quart of 10w30...

which is more than it ever has.. I definitely think I have issue with the oil rings ..

now thats established, I had an idea to try an loosen them..

pop the spark plugs out, pour some transmission oil thru them, and let it sit few days.. than change the oil... I do realize i need to repair them eventually due to millage..

I am looking to get a second car, so i can work on this later in a year...

I will also recheck my valve lash adjustment tommorow, to make sure its still good...
which i put cold at lower limit when i did the valves...

where is EZONE master)
Old 06-05-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

How fast does it burn if you run 5w20?

A quart per 1000 is acceptable, even if it's not ideal. You just have to stay ahead of the consumption so it doesn't run out.

I don't remember hearing ATF for rings, I have heard this using other products like Top End cleaner, Seafoam, and Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner......but reports of success vary, the oil rings have to soak in the stuff to be effective and the fluids that do seep past the compression rings may pass on by and not soak into the oil ring areas.

Procedures to yank the head off are still fresh in your brain, and your tools are still warmed up....if you hustle you could probably have the rings done in a day lol
Old 06-05-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
How fast does it burn if you run 5w20?

A quart per 1000 is acceptable, even if it's not ideal. You just have to stay ahead of the consumption so it doesn't run out.

I don't remember hearing ATF for rings, I have heard this using other products like Top End cleaner, Seafoam, and Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner......but reports of success vary, the oil rings have to soak in the stuff to be effective and the fluids that do seep past the compression rings may pass on by and not soak into the oil ring areas.

Procedures to yank the head off are still fresh in your brain, and your tools are still warmed up....if you hustle you could probably have the rings done in a day lol

I rather be done with no rush.. How about i try to loosen them?

No parts off let the car sit .. Probably not worthed with the millage..
I use to get no big oil consumption till i bent some valves . I know the engine prettu good now . )
Old 06-05-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I rather be done with no rush.. How about i try to loosen them?
Last summer I bought a Fit with 200k for dirt cheap, that had a major problem (blown head gasket). I only got to drive it about 5 miles before buying it.

I pulled the head, and also pulled pistons out...just because that's the best time to do it.
All the oil rings were stuck.

Ordered parts and had the engine apart for a week ----waiting on special order parts and for me to have time to work on it.

SO I had 4 pistons on the bench in little round dishes so the rings were submerged completely, soaking in Mopars cleaner, which is supposed to be some of the best stuff available---because it causes cancer in prisoners in California.

After about 4 days of soaking, and with some hand working each day, the rings could finally spin in their grooves. Continued to soak another couple days and still had to scrape like helll to get all the rest of the carbon buildup out of the ring grooves and then had to pass a drill bit through the oiling holes in the grooves.

My GF is driving the car now and loves it. I love that I don't have to worry about checking anything on it once a week.

This car replaced an 01 Saturn that drank oil and had been run out more than once. You can probably search for 'saturn' here and read the story I wrote about dealing with its oil consumption.
Before this car was passed to her sons family, I soaked cylinders overnight in the Mopar stuff. I don't think it improved anything beyond what had already taken place just from using better quality oil.
Old 11-22-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2004 honda 1.7 liter head bolt torque

Head bolt torque spec
Old 11-22-2020
Click Here

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2004 honda 1.7 liter head bolt torque

Originally Posted by Manniac
Head bolt torque spec
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...eat-sheet.html

Assuming you're asking for them...