Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Honda Civic Dashboard Problem

Old 02-06-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ig7thgen is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic Dashboard Problem

Hello, I am new to thr forums. I don't really know much about cars so bear with me. The problem is when I start the car, especially in the morning, the battery light starts blinking, and after a couple of minutes it disappears. Also, half of the speedometer won't light up, it only lights up from 80km/h up to the max. Sometimes it does light up but most of the time it won't. Anyone got ideas before I go to the mechanic? Cheers!
Old 02-06-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda Civic Dashboard Problem

If your gauges background lighting is funky, there are several light bulbs that can be replaced in the back of the cluster.

Test alternator charging and warning light circuit.... and it probably needs to be tested WHILE the problem is acting up. Probably will be alternator going bad.