Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

resetting trip meter in 01 civic ex button not responding

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
emich is an unknown quantity at this point
resetting trip meter in 01 civic ex button not responding

In the past few months I have noticed I have to press much harder to get a response. Is this repairable?
Thanks
Old 07-31-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: resetting trip meter in 01 civic ex button not responding

Mine is like that too. Try putting slight upward pressure while you push it, see if it helps.

You have to pull the gauge cluster out, not sure if it's repairable or not without replacing the whole assembly.

I just left mine on mileage and stopped touching it so it didn't get stuck. I didn't feel like taking it apart to fix it. My maintence light has been on for like a year.
Old 07-31-2015
Registered!!

I have tried pushing it in every direction without success.
If I can take out just the **** a pencil eraser and cleaning solution with cotton swab will do the job.
Old 07-31-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

It is likely a tact switch on the circuit board.... and, more a mechanical then electrical issue.
Old 07-31-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CraigW
It is likely a tact switch on the circuit board.... and, more a mechanical then electrical issue.
It is both. The same type like TV remote.
Old 07-31-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Mine's been like that for ages. It sucks. I even took apart the cluster, cleaned to contacts, but nothing worked. I just use a blunt instrument (like my removable bit screwdiver, bit removed) put some pressure on the right side while pushing it in, and even then, it responds quite poorly. Resetting the maintenance light is not so fun, but it's doable.
Old 07-31-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GolNat
Mine is like that too. Try putting slight upward pressure while you push it, see if it helps.

You have to pull the gauge cluster out, not sure if it's repairable or not without replacing the whole assembly.

I just left mine on mileage and stopped touching it so it didn't get stuck. I didn't feel like taking it apart to fix it. My maintence light has been on for like a year.
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Mine's been like that for ages. It sucks. I even took apart the cluster, cleaned to contacts, but nothing worked. I just use a blunt instrument (like my removable bit screwdiver, bit removed) put some pressure on the right side while pushing it in, and even then, it responds quite poorly. Resetting the maintenance light is not so fun, but it's doable.
LOL, same here