Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Creaking noise on 2002 Civic Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mokkush is an unknown quantity at this point
Creaking noise on 2002 Civic Sedan

Hey everyone

So I've been dealing with a very annoying issue over the last 3-4 months.

Basically, there's a creaking noise while going over bumps or and pulling into a driveway/parking spot. It's only noticeable at low speeds (30mph and below)

Its not a consistent sound, but it is very frequent. It'll do it at least a couple dozen times a minute if I'm just driving around the neighborhood.

Any thoughts? I'm assuming it's suspension related, but I don't even know where to start.
Old 07-13-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Creaking noise on 2002 Civic Sedan

Possibly the strut mounts but they usually clank or pop. Could be the struts themselves.

I would raise the front of the car up and see if you can replicate the sound by manipulating the suspension in various ways.
Old 07-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
emich is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Creaking noise on 2002 Civic Sedan

Start with sway bar link, bushings,ball joint, tie rod,axle.Once I had same problem with my civic. A large screwdriver fell on the splash shield above the tire and the front fender making the noise when hiting the fender
Originally Posted by mokkush
Hey everyone

So I've been dealing with a very annoying issue over the last 3-4 months.

Basically, there's a creaking noise while going over bumps or and pulling into a driveway/parking spot. It's only noticeable at low speeds (30mph and below)

Its not a consistent sound, but it is very frequent. It'll do it at least a couple dozen times a minute if I'm just driving around the neighborhood.

Any thoughts? I'm assuming it's suspension related, but I don't even know where to start.