Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

a/c not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
granny828 is an unknown quantity at this point
a/c not working

I have a 2003 honda civic. My a/c isn't working. I took it to my mechanic and he doesn't have what is needed to test exactly what problem is. He said the a/c it's self is working just not being told to turn on. He said it could be in wiring or sensor or something else he just can't test it to find out. I need help please. I'm 63 and on disability with limited funds but in need of my a/c. PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED !!!!!!
Old 06-16-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: a/c not working

He said the a/c it's self is working just not being told to turn on.
Does the scanner data indicate there is an AC request seen by the PCM?
Is the thermal protector open circuit?
At the pressure switch, is the blue wire being grounded by the HVAC panel?
Old 06-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alex_nyc is an unknown quantity at this point

anyway your mechanic will ask questions on this forum so he can better help you?

someone here might help you, what city are you in?
Old 06-26-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrohitredd is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the below...

1. Removed Wheel & Splash Guard to access the clutch.

2. REMOVE Clutch Plate >>> Got a universal AC clutch tool - which was useless to me, as it only wasted time in trying to hold the clutch plate. At last, i used an impact driver & the nut came off very easily - Try the same & save yourself a lot of time.

3. Cleaned thoroughly inside & out (be careful with the tiny washers inside the clutch plate).

4. Put everything back. Been driving it for 2 days now. AC doesn't stop as it used to before. Will check for few more days & let you all know if it dies again (i will change the clutch, if so).

No harm in trying this... Its free of cost rather spending $400-$600 to replace the clutch. Could be temporary too, but worth the savings !

Thanks.
Old 06-26-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alex_nyc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrohitredd
I did the below...

1. Removed Wheel & Splash Guard to access the clutch.

2. REMOVE Clutch Plate >>> Got a universal AC clutch tool - which was useless to me, as it only wasted time in trying to hold the clutch plate. At last, i used an impact driver & the nut came off very easily - Try the same & save yourself a lot of time.

3. Cleaned thoroughly inside & out (be careful with the tiny washers inside the clutch plate).

4. Put everything back. Been driving it for 2 days now. AC doesn't stop as it used to before. Will check for few more days & let you all know if it dies again (i will change the clutch, if so).

No harm in trying this... Its free of cost rather spending $400-$600 to replace the clutch. Could be temporary too, but worth the savings !

Thanks.
did you fix grannys car?