Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

AC Cold Air - Compressor

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrohitredd is an unknown quantity at this point
AC Cold Air - Compressor

Mileage - 162000
AC wasn't blowing cold air at low RPMs. I got the AC Pro (this was all about 3-4 days ago) & tried to refill the Freeon. Initially, it showed it all empty & after i filled it now acts weird.

Especially during noon (when its hot), the AC works intermittently. Especially at low RPMs It blows cold air & for some time it stops blowing cold air (blows normal temp air).

One weird thing i noticed is that car is now behaving like a new born, peeing everywhere. After every drive (short or long), i see water under the car. I know the AC does release water, but this looks more.

Are these a big concern ?

Can i ignore & will that hurt or worsen the situation ?
I recently spent a $$$$$$ on Headgasket, Waterpump, Timing Belt, Radiator, etc - all at the shop (Not so smart to do it myself).
Old 05-29-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AC Cold Air - Compressor

& tried to refill the Freeon
& after i filled it now acts weird.
(when its hot), the AC works intermittently.
I'll wildass guess you either overcharged or undercharged the system.
These small capacity AC systems are very unforgiving, very little room for error. Charge amounts have to be pretty exact.

A full set of gauges could tell you more about what's going on inside it if you know what you are doing.

One weird thing i noticed is that car is now behaving like a new born, peeing everywhere. After every drive (short or long), i see water under the car. I know the AC does release water, but this looks more.

Are these a big concern ?
Normal.
Any AC system has to remove humidity from the air.
That's what you see peeing on the ground.

Can i ignore & will that hurt or worsen the situation ?
Depends, and yes.

I recently spent a $$$$$$ on Headgasket, Waterpump, Timing Belt, Radiator, etc - all at the shop (Not so smart to do it myself).
Add AC work to this list now? LOL
Old 05-30-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Don't mess with filling the AC unless you know what you are doing. I slightly overfilled mine and it was a $750 repair for a replacement system when the compressor seized.
Old 05-30-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrohitredd is an unknown quantity at this point

As expected, few leaks and got it fixed & refilled at a shop.
$170