Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

honda civic 2004 steering wheel noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anddrrey is an unknown quantity at this point
honda civic 2004 steering wheel noise

hi,i have honda civic 2004 with electric power steering.
the noise occurs after about a 20 minutes ride and only by pressing on brake or gas pedal....in addition, when i press the gas peda on high speed, the steering wheel became very stiff. please help....there is a link whith the problem:

Old 05-09-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: honda civic 2004 steering wheel noise

Check near the pedals where the steering shaft passes through the firewall or floor. Is the plastic shield in the correct place? Nothing rubbing the steering shaft or column?

If you turn the engine off is the noise still present?

Is the noise loudest in the engine compartment or in the cabin?

Use a length of tubing as a stethoscope to help locate the source area of the noise...
Old 05-10-2015
Registered!!

the biggest problem that there is no noise if i stand on a place.....i need to reach approaximetly 50 km/h and more to hear the noise....
the noise sounds like its in the cabin...
the strangest thing is why the noise comes only when i press on the gas or the brake and simultanously the steering wheel become stiff...if i dont press a thing, there is no noise and the steering smooth.....
Old 05-10-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If the car has electric assist steering, is the warning light on? Any fault codes?
Old 05-11-2015
Registered!!

its electric but there is no warning light....i dont sure but i heard that electric power steering turning off in a high speed(up to 50 kmh)....i think its true because in the city at low speeds the steering very smooth