Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

brainteaser

Old 05-07-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lildoo is an unknown quantity at this point
brainteaser

Have an 01 civic with D17A2/manual tranny. When u first got it it idled at 3000 rpm and when you hit the gas it would tac out right there. Vtech wasn't hooked up, I hooked that up. Then it idled at 2500, pcv hose was unhooked, after I hooked that up it went down to 1700 rpms. While driving it to get an oil change it jumped back up to 3500 rpm and stays there. I've changed the IAC, MAP, reset ECM several times, and checed for vacume leaks. Nothing. Any ideas?
Old 05-07-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: brainteaser

Originally Posted by lildoo
I've changed the IAC, MAP, reset ECM several times, and checed for vacume leaks. Nothing. Any ideas?
what process did you use to check for vaccuum leaks?

sounds like its sucking air from somewhere it shouldnt be, leaking intake manifold gasket, cracked intake manifold, leaking/cracked/disconnected vaccuum lines, etc etc
Old 05-09-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MN-02-CivicEx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: brainteaser

While driving it to get an oil change it jumped back up to 3500 rpm and stays there.
Assume your 01 Civic with D17A2 manual doesn't have Cruise Control
Need some clarificationing if U could offer us a little more insight ...

1. Did it want to remain at 3500 rpm with your foot off the pedal forcing you to either shut down the engine or take it out of gear as you coasted into Jiffy Lube?

2. Did it want to remain at 3500 rpm even when applying the brake while drivng through town on your way to Jiffy Lube or were you able to downshift into 3rd?

3. Did it want to remain at 3500 even with the pedal to the metal while trying to get to Jiffy Lube before they closed for the day?

Is this a variation of a Click and Clack brainteaser?

Last edited by MN-02-CivicEx; 05-10-2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Need Some Clarificationing

Search this Thread