Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

P0141

Old 05-04-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is your Check Engine Light, SRS Light, Or ABS Light On? If so, Please Read

Originally Posted by Camo
I HAVE A 01 EX and just changed converter and o2 sensors and egr valve and getting P0141 CODE any sugestions would be great
Measure the resistance of the heater circuit on your new sensor (rear sensor).

Spec is 10-40 ohms.

My guess: Throw away the Bosch sensor. Get a correct DENSO sensor.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-12-2015 at 09:28 AM. Reason: OP was cluttering DIY thread - removed from there for information clarity
Old 05-04-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ej2000shella
Also can't seem to find where my vss is actually located . Help ? Please ?
http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum...rk-move-47542/
Old 05-06-2013
camo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx again for your help I checked the rear 02 sensor connection and I wasn't snapped tight the was prob it i just have to reset it now
Old 05-06-2013
camo

Now that that's done I have another question the braided ground wire on top in front of eng does that effect the sensors because it is frayed Also I'm I'm thinking about get a code reader any advice on which one to get that's not too expensive?
Old 05-06-2013

Now that that's done I have another question the braided ground wire on top in front of eng does that effect the sensors because it is frayed Also I'm I'm thinking about get a code reader any advice on which one to get that's not too expensive?
That ground strap, along with the one attached to the transmission (mount area?), both need to be in good condition.

They must be able to handle the 100+ amp current load of the starter and the alternator.
Old 05-10-2013
camo

Put new cable back and lights out I'm am relieved thx for all the info should have replaced that first I guess
Old 05-11-2013
camo

I feel pretty good about the car right now, I have replaced a lot of parts on this 01 but theres 1 thing that still bothering me. I bought this car from a so called dealer who was selling it for a friend, he said the timing belt has been replaced, but after having to get a new trans im not so sure. Is there a easy way to check the timming belt without taking too much apart. I know when it does need one it is very expensive.
Old 05-11-2013

so called dealer who was selling it for a friend,
You mean a "flipper"? Not a dealership. Not a used car lot.

but after having to get a new trans im not so sure
What does a trans failure have to do with the timing belt?

Is there a easy way to check the timming belt without taking too much apart.
Define "too much".

Even if you open it up to look, you probably can't tell how old it is.
If the timing belt is more than 2 days old, you can't tell how old it is unless it is so old that is has become rotten.

If you CAN open it up yourself, then just slide another one on. Like $25 for a factory belt from a dealer. Inspect the water pump and tensioner while apart.
Old 05-12-2013
camo

where is that ground to trans located?
Old 05-12-2013
camo

dealer didn't mention the trans was bad so maybe he lied about the timing belt. I bought it for $2800 inspected put about 80 miles on it and trans went up.It ran fine on the test drive.
Old 05-12-2013

where is that ground to trans located?
Follow the negative battery cable to the body, then to the transmission case.

Old 05-12-2013

dealer didn't mention the trans was bad so maybe he lied about the timing belt. I bought it for $2800 inspected put about 80 miles on it and trans went up.It ran fine on the test drive.
You really think the "dealer" test drove it any more than you did? I don't.

I bet you just figured out why the previous owner got rid if the car.
There is ALWAYS a reason someone gets rid of their car.
Very few people just get rid of a perfectly good car for no reason.
Old 05-18-2013
camo

found ground to trans it looks good. Now my next project I just bought a set of P195/70/R15 tires and want to find some chrome rims local tire dealer say's good luck so any suggestions would be helpful, and what size rims will work?
Old 06-30-2013
camo

OK switched bosch 02 sensor with NTK one. Idle issue solved now check eng light came back. so diconnected batt to reset was good for a few days now back on code cameback P0141 which is from before I changed 02 sensor and P1457 - No DTC Found DO I need to reset it with code reader instead of diconnecting batt?
Old 06-30-2013

OK switched bosch 02 sensor with NTK one. Idle issue solved now check eng light came back. so diconnected batt to reset was good for a few days now back on code cameback P0141 which is from before I changed 02 sensor and P1457 - No DTC Found DO I need to reset it with code reader instead of diconnecting batt?
Resetting the light/clearing memory is not fixing any problem.

Posts 44 and 46 in this thread have the info you need for the P0141 code, or get your own service manual to troubleshoot.
Recheck your wiring and connections too.
You did not get a DENSO sensor?
Was the original sensor made by DENSO or NTK?

P1457 is an EVAP leak code. EVAP control system leakage, canister system or area.
Different problem from the O2 sensors.
Could be a few different things.
Need some understanding of the system and testing.
Old 06-30-2013
camo

Ok THANKS I think the one (02 sensor ) that came out was a NTK but if putting a denso one will fix the issue Ill get one.

ALSO the light is actually out now .
Old 06-30-2013

Ok THANKS I think the one (02 sensor ) that came out was a NTK but if putting a denso one will fix the issue Ill get one. ALSO the light is actually out now .
I cannot tell you that another sensor will solve the problem, nor can I tell you that it won't solve it either.
I do know why I always want OEM as my first choice though. (The parts catalog does not normally tell who the OEM was for any particular part.)

All I know is the computer did not like what it saw, for some reason.
It's up to you to find out why.

Firing the parts cannon can't fix all problems...no matter how much DangerZone wants you to believe....
Old 06-30-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Your wrong ezone... Firing the OEM parts cannon WILL eventually fix the problem.. Just might cost 2000 times more than it would diagnosing it properly.
Old 06-30-2013

True, but it seems that most people only afford to carpetbomb using the cheapest parts possible....you know, because they are cheap.

Name:  Partscannonfire2.jpg
Views: 27313
Size:  36.6 KB Name:  StealthPartsBomb.jpg
Views: 28031
Size:  486.8 KB
Old 06-30-2013
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

The other problem, here anyway. 95% of the time anything even slightly complicated the dealer will diagnose wrong (which I proved a few times already). I'm not knocking you, because you know what's going on. Not all dealer techs do though.
Old 06-30-2013

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
The other problem, here anyway. 95% of the time anything even slightly complicated the dealer will diagnose wrong (which I proved a few times already). I'm not knocking you, because you know what's going on. Not all dealer techs do though.
I have days where I'm only Human too.

Rare, of course....but they do happen. LOL

PM you in a few minutes...
Old 06-30-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Haha got er I'm going to have to go through that thread a little more thoroughly thought lol. Getting ready to put kids to bed.
Old 10-27-2017
Registered!!

Alex519 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: P0141

P0141 code as well I replaced my old o2 sensor with a Denson one and I still have the light with a slight misfire
Old 10-28-2017
Registered!!

310civicEX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex519
P0141 code as well I replaced my old o2 sensor with a Denson one and I still have the light with a slight misfire
you clear it or do they self clear? maybe ripped or torn harness ?
Old 10-30-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

P0141 is for the secondary O2 sensor JIC you replaced the primary one.