Overheating or loss of coolant, heater blowing cold If you are having overheating of loss of coolant issues, post here!

Stalled !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrohitredd is an unknown quantity at this point
Stalled !!!

Was driving on the interstate, speeding at about 75mph... suddenly i heard a (balloon blast like) sound & car started to slow down though my foot was on the gas pedal... I felt as if only 3 of the 4 cylinders were firing or as if i'm sitting on a airplane which just lost one of the 4 engines.. the CEL blinked at times & stayed on & blinked & stayed on... stopped at the first service plaza & checked whats wrong... All I can see (at night) was liquid all over (looks like coolant - will check again tomorrow), smoke from the front (though the temperature was normal until then, on the gauge), coolant caps & pipes (as far as i can see) are all intact.

Again i waited for some 10 mins for the car to cool down a bit (coz now i saw the temperature to be high). I started driving again & the max the car can go was 60mph & on a uphill 20-30mph mx with 3500rpm. It runs as if, it lost all its energy.

Is this a sign of blown Head Gasket

Please help me fixing this issue...
I somehow managed to get home, after it stalled (saw a battery light & immediately the car stalled) & started back after 10 mins... Cant afford high bills for a head gasket change... if thats what happened...

I recently took the car to pepboys were i was told that cylinder 4 spark plug had ignition coil melt deposits... they cleaned & put them back... I went there to get a pressure check done for NO HEAT on idle issue (which i replaced the thermostat to fix it myself). Is this again a spark plug/ignition coil issue ???

Off late, the car even runs as if its too old.. loss of power...

Appreciate all you time, input & help...
Old 03-15-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Stalled !!!

Originally Posted by mrohitredd
I recently took the car to pepboys were i was told that cylinder 4 spark plug had ignition coil melt deposits... they cleaned & put them back... I went there to get a pressure check done for NO HEAT on idle issue (which i replaced the thermostat to fix it myself). Is this again a spark plug/ignition coil issue ???
explain this previous repair in more detail....this sounds like the beginning stages of a blown head gasket
Old 03-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrohitredd is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stalled !!!

about 2 weeks ago, the car suddenly stopped blowing hot air on idle and on low speeds... got the car checked at pepboys & was told that there are no leaks. replacing the thermostat might help us resolve this.. if that doesnt help, head gasket is the only option. i had a couple misfire like moments & CEL code. got that checked too... the guy said that for some reason, the Cylinder 4 Spark plug had slight deposits of Ignition coil melt. they cleaned the spark plugs & coils... Car ran good for almost 1000 miles there after...

im scared of the $$ i would need to fix this... kinda bad situation

is there someone around Harrisburg, PA to help me with this work ?