Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2002 Honda Civic LX Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gabriel Marquez is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 Honda Civic LX Overheating

So i have a problem with my Honda Civic 2002 Lx it keeps on over heating i have got a new radiator a new headgaskit and a rebuilt motor and i have just replaced the thermostat and its still over heating also all my fans are working i got my water pump replaced and iv taken my car to 2 mechanics now and the last one told me they replaced the thermostat and then pushed my car as hard as they could and it wasn't over heating but the minute i get my car and drive home it starts over heating what it does it it will spike up then go down then spike up then go down and after awhile of driving it will just stay in the H i put quite of bit of money into trying to fix this problem and i really need help sense 2 mechanics cannot figure it out.
Old 02-28-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 2002 Honda Civic LX Overheating

Is it really overheating or is your gauge screwed?
Old 02-28-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Mechanics are broken. Replace and retry.
Old 03-01-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Is it really overheating or is your gauge screwed?
it is really overheating i am not sure whats wrong with it at all i basically replaced everything that needs to be replaced for the over heating and its still over heating
Old 03-01-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

get a temp gauge and measure to see if the engine is really hot. the gauge could be screwed from your description.
Old 03-01-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

2 mechanics, 2 thermostats(?), a head gasket and then an entire engine, and a radiator too? Damn, that sounds like a bunch of money was thrown at the problem without actually fixing anything.

Now you really need a mechanic that can actually figure out problems instead of firing the parts cannon.

Handy pic of a parts cannon:
Name:  SzALe.png
Views: 49
Size:  486.8 KB
Old 03-02-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
get a temp gauge and measure to see if the engine is really hot. the gauge could be screwed from your description.
i will test this thanks for the input ill keep you updated
Old 03-02-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
2 mechanics, 2 thermostats(?), a head gasket and then an entire engine, and a radiator too? Damn, that sounds like a bunch of money was thrown at the problem without actually fixing anything.

Now you really need a mechanic that can actually figure out problems instead of firing the parts cannon.

Handy pic of a parts cannon:
yea i put a lot of money into this problem for my car to keep on overhating...
Old 03-02-2015
Registered!!

02civichelp? is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 02 civic and I have changed the radiator and radiator cap,thermostat,and when the engine light went on cleaned out the catalytic converter which turned it back off, I also changed the etc sensor but it continues to overheat. Does anyone else know what else could be the cause?
Old 03-03-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02civichelp?
I have an 02 civic and I have changed the radiator and radiator cap,thermostat,and when the engine light went on cleaned out the catalytic converter which turned it back off, I also changed the etc sensor but it continues to overheat. Does anyone else know what else could be the cause?
i changed my sensor as well man i am taking my car to the mechanic to test it out again ill keep u updated.
Old 03-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 02civichelp?
yes....your head gasket is blown