Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

02 Civic cluster fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gtmorgan89 is an unknown quantity at this point
02 Civic cluster fitment

I recently bought a mechanic's special 02 civic. It needed quite a bit of work, but I enjoy a challenge and I figured since I was going to use this car for commuting to work, why not go through it and make sure it's good to go. After, doing a head job / timing belt and several other odds and ends the last thing the car needs is a new cluster. It looks as though someone spilled coffee everywhere in the car. . . . Including the dash. I need a cluster so that my tach and speedo work. I am having trouble finding one with the same miles to fit a.......

02 civic
American
5 speed
No side curtain bags
Ex
4 door.

My question is, I can find a cluster for a coupe. Will this plug in and work in my car?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 01-31-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 02 Civic cluster fitment

I am having trouble finding one with the same miles
A speedometer specialty shop should be able to change odometer mileage.
We use Palo Alto Speedometer. http://www.paspeedo.com/

My question is, I can find a cluster for a coupe. Will this plug in and work in my car?
It could, if the year is compatible. IIRC 01-02 use one wiring terminal configuration, while 03-05 use a different wiring configuration. (I did not research actual years for this answer!)