Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

alignment problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicowner123 is an unknown quantity at this point
alignment problem

I have a honda civic 04, coupe. The front left tire could only hold so much air, and so was flatter than the rest. It stayed like this for about 2 weeks. It cause my car to want to turn to the left a little bit, and so I had to turn the steering wheel a lil bit just to keep it going straight. Well, I eventually got it patched, and noticed that the car still wants to turn to the left, so I rotated my tires, and then checked psi levels of all tires, and they're all at 35psi. The problem is still occurring. What can I do?
Old 01-22-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: alignment problem

Get an alignment done?
Old 01-24-2015
Registered!!

civicowner123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to do it myself. Isn't an alignment where they just switch tires around?
Old 01-24-2015
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Yes, you can check it yourself. Only adjustment is toe in. Jack each side up and manually spin tire while coating a center smooth area on the tire all way around with chalk. Now, keep it steady on a grooved heavy block, scribe a line with a sharp pencil or scribe all way around. Be sure that line does not waver. Lower car and carefully jack under each ball joint to get wheels sitting where they normally rest. (dropping from a jacked up position leaves them inward) Now with a helper, carefully pull tape same distance up on from ground front and back side of tire measuring distance. I made me a beam with uprights so I can do it by myself and get up to center of wheel. The front distance should be just slightly less. (toe in slightly less to a 1/16"..makes the car go straight) Same on back. tires. All other stuff is fixed. Your pull is probably tire wear on the edge. Put the front tires on the back of the car. However, once all are worn, little you can do. You should get all four new tires, have a dealer align it. and rotate them front to back ever 5K and stay off curbs and deep holes.
Old 01-24-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Front toe spec is actually zero.