Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Not the usual Clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CaptainCrunch is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Not the usual Clutch problem

I put in a new clutch and pressure plate on my 2001 Civic EX and i am now having problems with the clutch pedal. I tried multiple bleeding methods and the pedal stays down. I took a look at the line and I see no leaks, anywhere. I also replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders with no change in pedal pressure. I tried the vacuum bleed method, the bottle with fluid and hose method etc etc.. I am getting no pressure whatsoever and I am stumped! Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-07-2015
Registered!!

bsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nice
Re: Not the usual Clutch problem

Check out this post:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...need-help.html
Old 01-07-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

How long did you pump? It's can take several minutes.
Old 01-08-2015
Registered!!

all-lude is an unknown quantity at this point

"they" say it can be done with proper bleeding proceedures... but i struggled for hours with no luck.

Easiest way I found, ends up taking 10 minutes from completely dry by using a fluid sucker ( I have one similar to this http://www.chain-auto-tools.com/pics...PARTS_NAME.jpg )

Manually fill fluid into the system as you would usually while bleeding, and continue to bleed until fluid comes from the master cylinder.
Install the fluid sucker to the closed nipple at the master cylinder and pump the sucker.
Crack the bleeder valve for a few seconds while the back pressure from the sucker pulls the fluid through.
Close the bleeder and go back into the vehicle and pump the pedal approximately 10 times.
Repeat pumping sucker and cracking bleeder as required.
Took me 3 times, and the clutch pedal had never been so tight