Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

More on the 2003 EX drivability problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lockjaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More on the 2003 EX drivability problems

Ok I will check that.

Also of note, last night I had to go to this beyond stupid court divorcing parent class and when I left, the car had flickering lights, and was acting up again. Once I got out on the interstate, it was fine, and then when I got off and the rest of the way home, it was fine.

Same thing this am, totally fine, hasn't given me any problems, and no lights flickering.

I swear I think this car is possessed sometimes.

Also every once in a while, I hear a funky noise come through the stereo system, so a ground might be the culprit.
Old 11-28-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lockjaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More on the 2003 EX drivability problems

Well I dropped the car off at the dealer. They loaned me a 2014 Accord Sport, man what a nice car.

Anyway, they did some testing and decided they needed to stop because of my aftermarket stereo. So I took the car to the stereo shop and had them put the factory head unit back in, disconnect power to my two amps, and hook up front speakers through the factory harness and left the back speakers disconnected.

So it's going back today. They were able to get the car to misbehave, and they said the alternator output was fine, and the ELD was good as well.

The amp's are not big ones, a 50x4 channel Kicker and a Soundstream lil wonder running a mono 8 in sub in a bandpass box. Still had flickering lights and driveability issues with the amps disconnected and factory head unit in place. And good grief does it sound like crap now.