Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Idle Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tunedx is an unknown quantity at this point
Idle Issue

Idle hangs up @ 1500rpm for few secs and then go back down to regular idle position.. Ive been told it could either be idle air controller or throttle position sensor.. I have 5 volts on + and also checked resistance on connector. I get reading but as I begin to open butterfly by hand I get ol (no reading lose connection) I compared this with another tb and it acts in same fashion. I checked further and u are supposed to continue to get a reading on other cars. Is 7th gen civic any different..
Old 09-18-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Idle Issue

checked resistance on connector. I get reading but as I begin to open butterfly by hand I get ol
Sounds like you are trying to use the wrong range on the meter. Go up a range and try it again.
Old 09-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
arrrz is an unknown quantity at this point

Was coming here to post/search about almost the exact thing.

01 EX bone stock 5 speed. 71K miles, but new to me.

Drives fine. Depress clutch, brake and come to a stop. Idles at 1500 or so for a few seconds, then drops down to 600ish. Or, coasting down a hill, taken out of gear, it will continue to idle at 1500. Not until I come to a stop for a few seconds will it drop to a normal idle speed.
Old 09-23-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

not an engine basic performance item. moved!